Discuss pipe slices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
monument tools employ 45 people at its factory in hackbridge, surrey where they make most of their own pipe cutters out of aluminium alloy and plastic, these tools are marked as being made in the uk not china, i accept that with the exception of the compresion fitting spanners most other tools are imported, also monument holds patents prior to kopex for their cutters which rothenburger re-badges aswell. on the subject of rothenberger i agree the quality has nose dived over the last 10 years and dont use their stuff, most of their hand tools are manufactered in spain not china by ega-master who also supply some stuff to britool, stanley and faithfull. if you dont like monument or rothenberger whos tools do you buy?

Got me hooked,do like a bit of uk manufacturing support ,will be knocking on the merchants door in the morning,shocking up on some monument stuff,come to think of it hackbridge is just down the road,might call at the factory ,see if I can get some discount at the same time,make it a win,win situation,maybe get a few pairs of bristan taps,made in the midlands and feel really good,help me towards another day solvent weld free !!

clip art to follow,to much chose now,just can not choose:death:

what happened to the good old buy british campaign,used to save me loads of money,could never find owt to buy :rockstar:

Last edited by a moderator:
its hard to buy British rover gone,thats mass car production ended in our great Britain,baxi 105 made in italy why not preston wheres the duotec made then ??????????? i would buy British everytime trouble is nowadays it may be distributed in Britain but made in china governments present and past make it to dear for British business to survive in around about kind of way we are how own worst enemy or in my view the country's leaders are inept

that is why you should all fit wb all junior and si are build in here !!!where the premium range are imported parts just put together here in worcester

Got me hooked,do like a bit of uk manufacturing support ,will be knocking on the merchants door in the morning,shocking up on some monument stuff,come to think of it hackbridge is just down the road,might call at the factory ,see if I can get some discount at the same time,make it a win,win situation,maybe get a few pairs of bristan taps,made in the midlands and feel really good,help me towards another day solvent weld free !!

clip art to follow,to much chose now,just can not choose:death:

what happened to the good old buy british campaign,used to save me loads of money,could never find owt to buy :rockstar:

good man! footprint manufacture all their own tools in their new factory get their wrenches , chisels and saws on ebay cheap, tho not as cheap as the chinese crap. king dick make all their own spanners in most forms except adjustable their available at abbots tool on line and or quite cheap, snail brand make their own spanners and punches and even make my fave adjustable the auto wrench or monkey wrench in old money their available on ebay, melco box spanners are top notch made in england good prices at tooled-up.com.

that is why you should all fit wb all junior and si are build in here !!!where the premium range are imported parts just put together here in worcester
they are british/german stan much like my car,you will be sorry once you take a few apart,spending hours trying to change the prv or plate heat then finding all those new o rings and clips and its still incontinent

+1 thats the spirit, oe day in the near future we,r all going to drown in a sea of cheap imported crap if we dont support local manufacturing. i for one would spend a few quid more on british made products and support british workers any day, granted its not %100 possible these days but i always try to aviod imported stuff.

i took YOUR advice DANIEL:hurray: back in december when I Joint the forum last year I got my self a full range of o rings fibre washers, fuses , silicone grease

they are british/german stan much like my car,you will be sorry once you take a few apart,spending hours trying to change the prv or plate heat then finding all those new o rings and clips and its still incontinent

a valid point but arnt all new boilers the same?

at the end of the day i would buy British over anything we could do with a list whats made here and whats imported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipe slices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock