Discuss Pipe kw carrying capabilities in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Devonplumber

Evening gents I have been trying to work out pipe loads but have be unable to find any formula or charts to help. Can anyone tell me the kw carrying capabilities at 1.5ls with 20c drop on 35mm,42mm,54mm,2.5"'3",4"?

Evening gents I have been trying to work out pipe loads but have be unable to find any formula or charts to help. Can anyone tell me the kw carrying capabilities at 1.5ls with 20c drop on 35mm,42mm,54mm,2.5"'3",4"?

any reason why?

isn't this normally left to mechanical engineers design specs?

I have been fitting biomass for 3 years and want to move on to design but everyone you ask doesn't want to tell you wait they already know.

35mm - 62kw @ 20DT
42mm - 100kw
54mm - 160kw
67mm - 235kw
76mm - 310kw
108mm - 650kw
past that and your into mechanical engineer realms,

Doh!!!! beat me to it

but obviously you also have to take into account pipe, fittings and all other resistances when calculating the correct size of pipe to use

Last edited:
my mrs does all our design work so she uses the cibse technical guides, it was the only book on her shelf that i understood enough to post details LOL!!

But the 40kw on 28 is fine. U can get it through 22mm according to guide! Doh!

you probably could but the increase in pressure and velocity would make it noisy - so she says....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe kw carrying capabilities in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Hi, We are designing and building cooking gas bottles with electronics controlled valves. These are for kids camping chalets. Its purely a...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Had to take the lid off to replace the inlet diaphram, but now can't replace the lid without also messing up the two button mechanism. This is...
Replies
Views
Back