Search the forum,

Discuss phoenix TRV 15 mm rubber olive compression joint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

butlerps

Hey guys,
has anyone ever come across a rubber olive before? Every valve I've ever fitted up until now has a copper/brass olive compression joint onto 15mm pipe but this new radiator valve that I need to use for the type of radiator I have uses rubber olives to compress onto the 15mm pipe.
I've contacted phoenix radiators but they have offered no support regarding supply of spares/manufacturer/supplier etc.

I want to at least have a hand full of spares in my box just in case.

Anyone know where I can buy them from?

Cheers,
Philip rubber-olives.jpg

Who did you buy the valve from? I would expect your supplier to be able to source spares on a product range they sell.

So what grabs or holds the pipe into the valve.
Most connectors squash into the pipe, holding the pipe in the fitting and valve.

Are they relying on the pipe being fixed solid and the radiator fixed so that the pipe cannot become dislodged?

I would be looking at not using these valves unless you can secure the pipe into the fitting with another method other than compressed rubber olive.
It may hold with cold water ( may ) - will it hold with heating hot water going through it?

The rad valves on my towel rail at home came with plastic olives. Was very dubious, so pressurised it to 5 bar and not even a weep.

Who did you buy the valve from? I would expect your supplier to be able to source spares on a product range they sell.

I bought the valves from Ryansdirect however decided to contact the manufacturer Phoenixradiators. Their customer support was polite but offered no help "thank you for your enquiry, I'm afraid we do not retail spare parts. I believe they are generic parts so perhaps your local DIY store or B&Q could supply these to you". Very disappointing as I can't believe I'm the first one to ask them the question.

I've no doubt they seal well (plenty of radiator valves/plastic pipe fitting rely on rubber seals) but I'm not happy installing them without having any spares.

Sounds like you got the 'Polite' - Fob off.

If someone 'fobs' me off saying parts are generic when they are not, they don't get a 'return Fob off', they get a hell of a lot more than that.

I bought the valves from Ryansdirect however decided to contact the manufacturer Phoenixradiators. Their customer support was polite but offered no help "thank you for your enquiry, I'm afraid we do not retail spare parts. I believe they are generic parts so perhaps your local DIY store or B&Q could supply these to you". Very disappointing as I can't believe I'm the first one to ask them the question.

I've no doubt they seal well (plenty of radiator valves/plastic pipe fitting rely on rubber seals) but I'm not happy installing them without having any spares.

Some manufacturers don't sell to the public, that's why the best place to start would be your supplier and if they don't or can't supply spares I'd want my money back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to phoenix TRV 15 mm rubber olive compression joint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock