Discuss Philmac gas fittings in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I would replace due to the look of them and test then wrap in denso all must be done via a Registered Gas Engineer eg no diy
I agree with everything you say.
my concern is gas engineer is looking for iso17885, looks like these fitting are iso17875-2.
this means nothing to me, he’s gonna want to be able to reference this in his book. Where will he find confirmation he can use these fittings?

I agree with everything you say.
my concern is gas engineer is looking for iso17885, looks like these fitting are iso17875-2.
this means nothing to me, he’s gonna want to be able to reference this in his book. Where will he find confirmation he can use these fittings?

yes manufacturers instructions state can be used underground (you could email them and ask for this in writing)

yes manufacturers instructions state can be used underground (you could email them and ask for this in writing)
Thanks, looks like they have tech support in uk, I’ll give them a call on Monday. +44 24 7653 5535

thanks for your assistance.
[automerge]1603010854[/automerge]
Thanks, looks like they have tech support in uk, I’ll give them a call on Monday. +44 24 7653 5535

thanks for your assistance.
Gas engineer says no compression or mechanical joints can be concealed and must be accessible for inspection.
I’m a spark, our regulations are recommendations. You can deviate and following manufacturers instructions. Is Gas the same, where do we stand if manufacturer says it’s fine, but gas book says joints can’t be concealed?

Last edited:
Some manufacturers can override our gas regs

Some manufacturers can override our gas regs

Got a response from Gas Safe Register, I think this clears up a lot of doubt about using MI generally. GSR Engineer now happy to proceed.

In terms of hierarchy, the following documentation should be followed in order. Legislation (Gas Safety Installation and Use Regulations 1998), Manufacturers Instructions then Technical Guidance such as British Standards/Institute Gas Engineers & Managers etc.

Reply to Philmac gas fittings in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Full disclosure, I am an Electrician. One of my older clients has just had her fire capped off because it doesn't comply with today's regs and...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock