Discuss Pair of grips in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also have "a pair of scissors" and a "pair of trousers".

I think its just a linguistic code for a single item which consists of a matched pair (blades, legs or whatever) that are pointless in isolation, but become useful when there are two joined together.

We also have "a pair of scissors" and a "pair of trousers".

I think its just a linguistic code for a single item which consists of a matched pair (blades, legs or whatever) that are pointless in isolation, but become useful when there are two joined together.

Almost like gin and tonic or in apps case cabbage water and chartreuse

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for your replies I was correct to ask him for a pair of grips, I will let him know tomorrow and if the cheeky bugger gives me two pairs after that I'm sure that he will remember next time when one of the pairs get thrown back at him.

Nice! Each side of the plier has a gripped face hence a pair of grips. Plus it's the use of English

Okay then "O clever one" why are footprints called footprints?
And why would you and all else say, "pass me the footprints" not "pass me a pair of footprints" as one would think?:)
"Pass me the footprints" is everyday plumber usage.

No it's" give me the footprints you pleb"

"NOW, not next week. Get off your phone"

Footprints is a brand name . They are grips essentially so as per my original post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pair of grips in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock