Search the forum,

Discuss overheat glowworm ultimate 40ff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nysk2008

having a hard time on this job, replaced pcb as not working and all good. cust calls and o/h is now tripping about every few hours, replaced old board with new updated board - anyone had this issue or know of it?

cheers

Is it fully pumped or gravity hot water mysk? Could be wiring wrong if link left in. However if it's overheating then you need to know flow temp. Could well be a faulty control stat or o/heat stat?

Hi Diamond, pumped ch, gravity hw, no link on wiring but contol stat did seem dodgy. didnt get any m/meter readings as i had left
Is it fully pumped or gravity hot water mysk? Could be wiring wrong if link left in. However if it's overheating then you need to know flow temp. Could well be a faulty control stat or o/heat stat?

Check the pump over run is operating? Think it's the purple wire out the pcb.
if not could be boiler stat or heating valve sticking,

Hi Diamond, pumped ch, gravity hw, no link on wiring but contol stat did seem dodgy. didnt get any m/meter readings as i had left

The link k1-k2 should be present for gravity h/w pumped heating as it bi-passes the o/heat? However if it otherwise worked ok before I'd suspect control stat faulty. It's worth knowing what the flow temp is getting up to however, a tell tale complain't from the custard is water and rads getting very hot..! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks diamondgas. I know for a fact here is no link currently between k1-k2 and the hw was mega hot, ill try the link then control stat, thanks again

The link k1-k2 should be present for gravity h/w pumped heating as it bi-passes the o/heat? However if it otherwise worked ok before I'd suspect control stat faulty. It's worth knowing what the flow temp is getting up to however, a tell tale complain't from the custard is water and rads getting very hot..! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to overheat glowworm ultimate 40ff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can offer me advice? I have an old Glowworm Micron 30FF. Must be about 18 years old. The whole system needs replacing if I am honest - the tank it fills...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Pilot light extinction problem on an old Myson Economist has been traced to a faulty overheat limit stat. It's a Ranco LM5P8037 which is now obsolete. It's a 2A 30mv 110 degree stat with a coil inserted into a pocket on the flow outlet. Will any other Ranco limit stat with similar...
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few positions, did a bit of freelance and was continually working late hours and evenings unpaid as well as every weekend. I ended up getting burnout and...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock