Discuss Overflow pipe leaking require advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I noticed yesterday water pouring out from a pipe from the top of our house its leaking water over the garden and its on and off occurring.

I think its the overflow pipe since it appears connected to the water tank in my attic, so I made a trip up there and moved the top cover of the water tank (appears just one large tank up there) and on the inside copper valve? is a white plastic part on top which is leaking non stop with water.

I did push the float down and water came thru it well and reached the overfill entrance pipe to the tank and water came outside the house again and then noticed the leaking stopped once I let go ?

Here is the picture of the copper valve and white thingy on top dispensing the water:
hxxp://oi59.tinypic.com/1554e3s.jpg

(sorry board not allowing post of link replace hxxp with http)

While its stopped leaking I take it life is never this easy?:sweatdrop:

Can I simply switch off the 2 taps connected to my water tank to stop water from going in there and use a wrench and buy that valve/white plastic part to stop it from leaking to fix my bacon ?

Any advice on the terminology on parts since if I ask for a white thingy I may get something else....
thanks

Or a complete valve.
Part 2 Float Valve Brass ½" | Float Valves | NoLinkingToThis image.jpg

hey Jon u still on call or maybe not
I think because your being so nice

rob

Off call now Rob. Working in Belfast today, home now with a beer and waiting on my jalfrezi to show up.....

How goes it with you?

I won't see it until the morning buddy.

Littl'un has commandeered the pc for tonight....

much appreciated for all the help guys !

I am thinking rather then replacing the washer and bits inside just get it replaced fully since its cheap like 8 quid
The 2nd one linked has some negative comments about being cheap and not lasting some suggested the peggler brand this one I think:

hxxp://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/pegler-prestex-float-valve-part-2/27627

This one any good? looks the same as mine and sounding from the useful comments the leak is most likely coming from the part 2 bit and not the other connecting pipe on the other end so could just replace it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Overflow pipe leaking require advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Water keeps filling up my home water tank from the output valve at the bottom of the tank and not from the top of the tank Water keeps pouring in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just recently noticed the overflow has started pouring water out, there are three tanks in the loft and I'm quite sure this is from the...
Replies
Views
hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have...
Replies
Views
G
Just discovered water is constantly dripping out of the tundish (noticed from the overflow pipe outside dripping…) I beleive it’s coming from the...
Replies
Views
GrahamSE1
G

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock