Discuss outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
!CCHBe-gBGk~$(KGrHqJ,!lYEz+y84ofTBNKHmI,k+!~~_1.JPG
Keep it tight and use this, for best job ever.

I use a 16mm bit first followed by a 20mm bit and insert 20mm electrical conduit which the 15mm copper glides through:

Copyright_Keefy.jpg Pipe_Sleeve_20mm.jpg

Last edited:
neat keefy, why sleeve it alot folk do and dont some time i do some i dont,

I use a 24x1000 bit available from Toolstation .

I use this too & also as said the 24mm x1000mm bit from stoolstation. Again also sleeve it, preferably in plastic. Makes for easier removal & stops the copper pipe corroding IMO.

!CCHBe-gBGk~$(KGrHqJ,!lYEz+y84ofTBNKHmI,k+!~~_1.JPG
Keep it tight and use this, for best job ever.

DCV fitted inside ?

Of course - iso' and a drain cock too in cases where the pipe has to come into the tap from below.

Edit: Thought you were asking if that tap of mine had one fitted but if you're wondering why the diagram shows a DCV on the inside that's because the ones built into the taps are susceptible to freezing so you're now required to fit them inside the buildings envelope. Taps that incorporate an in-built check valve should now only be fitted as replacements or suitably protected from the elements.

Last edited:
i run my pipework right that, to allow the water to stop freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock