Discuss Outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You lot must be linking several of those ugly flexies together to do an ootside tap in half an hour. Most of the ones I've done take around an hour.

Well this is my outside tap kit. ;) $(KGrHqZ,!ngE-5UJRT-wBP1lE!plp!~~60_12.jpg

Just stumbled upon this on ebay. 99p at the moment Sys3. You could bag a bargain!!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLEXI-TAI...DIY_Materials_Plumbing_MJ&hash=item20c6b03665

The problem I find with most outside taps is the woeful kitchen fitters plumbing under the sink!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I know. I'll get banned at this rate!!

I've got paper work to do now :(

While I was on ebay I also noticed this:

small header tank | eBay

Basically someone who's had a combi fitted is trying to sell there old header tank on ebay. Mental.

1/ Who's going to buy it?
2/ If someone does, how tight are they?

These are our customers. Scary.

Have a good one all.

JG Speedfit do a push fit double check valve but it's way overpriced. A standard compression one is better. The bib taps with the built in DCV don't last in very cold weather, even with the tap drained, so a separate internal one is the best solution. Don't forget to fix an isolating valve so that you can turn the tap off and drain it in the winter.

Always drill from the outside so that you don't burst your wall.

I always drill half way from outside & halfway from inside but I am extremely clever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. No one drills half way from each side. You'd have to be more than clever to line them up. You'd have to be a freaking genius. Like the Rain Man of drilling.

Possibly you pilot all the way through and then drill each side with a bigger drill?

Agreed. No one drills half way from each side. You'd have to be more than clever to line them up. You'd have to be a freaking genius. Like the Rain Man of drilling.

Possibly you pilot all the way through and then drill each side with a bigger drill?

That's what I thought at an absolute push!

While I was on ebay I also noticed this:

small header tank | eBay

Basically someone who's had a combi fitted is trying to sell there old header tank on ebay. Mental.

1/ Who's going to buy it?
2/ If someone does, how tight are they?

These are our customers. Scary.

Have a good one all.

If you hurry up Danny you may get it. 8 mins to go and still at 99p.
Was tempted to put in a bid myself( :lol: ) as the galvy one on the job i was at today is ready to drop the rse out of it. Luckily i had an old one in the garage that will do me. Just need to find somewhere to put all my drain test stuff now :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and...
Replies
Views
I’ve lost the pressure from the outside tap. It was working fine. I have checked the washer on the outside tap and the inside stop valve seen in...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm having an issue with my outside tap not working, the tiniest of dribbles comes put each time I try it. Ive changed the tap to no avail...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced...
Replies
Views
I have been trying to turn off my outside tap for winter. When I turn the valve under the kitchen sink, it fails to stop the outside tap from...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock