Discuss Outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
and if you are using the standard back plate, fit it below the point where the pipe comes out the wall so that it can be drained in winter.

you can open the outside tap, then close the stopcock inside, but sometimes, even when it's fitted lower, there might be water still left in the pipe. if you want a 100% guarantee of no water left in the pipe, fit an air release tee after the stopcock. close the stopcock, open the tap & open the air release to drain. never done though.

Look I'll do it for £250 and I'll even pet the dog. That's not a euphemism.

If you don’t have a dog, I’ll pet the cat.

If you don’t have a cat, call it £220 and with the extra £30 you’ve saved, go buy a pet.

Yeah, you'd do that and stitch up a fellow tradesmen. That outside tap was my job, and then you swept in with your big talk of tea and jaffa cakes. Great. You know I have a wife to feed right?

Go on then, I hope you choke on your jaffa cake. You stitched me up good and proper. I could drop to £210 and a Hob Nob, chocolate of course. But that's it. I have my pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and...
Replies
Views
I’ve lost the pressure from the outside tap. It was working fine. I have checked the washer on the outside tap and the inside stop valve seen in...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm having an issue with my outside tap not working, the tiniest of dribbles comes put each time I try it. Ive changed the tap to no avail...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced...
Replies
Views
I have been trying to turn off my outside tap for winter. When I turn the valve under the kitchen sink, it fails to stop the outside tap from...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock