Discuss organising vans in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
just changed my van . had a swb sprinter for 8 years the racking grew as i needed and worked really well. but after a couple of days i would forget where i put everything plus if it had got a bit messy very often it was easier to go and buy a piece of 5 core flex than hunt through the van for the "2 meters i had left over off a roll last week" that i stashed in the van under the heading "this will come in handy". it took me 8 years to realise that the racking dosent really work for me completly. the racking was like a stores so i am trying to be more organised for the next day/job and carry what i need. with a van full of everything i didnt need to think this hard and in an effort to save fuel i was going to get a smaller van . but that went to pot thank god and i had another sprinter. the first one was exellent, 80 odd K and i changed a leef spring so i bought another. 6 speed more power and with my new plan lol is looking way better on fuel. winter time the van is at its messyist. you walk out of the house your working in its dark and thats it just chuck it all in lol. i had tool cover on my tools , the van was broke into via the cab i put all my findings in the state ment and what was nicked from the cab they wouldnt pay for only what was in the van part . and they quibbled about that because they never got in through the van. oh hi all :teeth_smile:

This is a Kangoo....the system altered over many years to suit myself.

myvan003-1.jpg

Ply bulkhead bolted to the safety cage, then light steel shelving bolted to that. Heavy stuff down low.. wastes, light gear up higher.

myvan002.jpg

Cheap ply shelves to hold various organisers.... which all lift out for checking.... bins are rubbish.

myvan001.jpg

Drill in to the strengthening sectios, fit L- brackets with self tappers to use the roof space.... decent strength could hold ladders.... I use a cheap ally loft ladder.

myvan005-1.jpg

Organisers, easy to see when you're running short, one for Speedfit, conex, solder etc, smaller ones for odds and ends.

myvan004.jpg

Heavy tool- boxes on the floor with all the hand tools.

Looks a heavy load , old school gas bottle

I'm wondering why 5 tape measures? ...

Perhaps no space in the tools boxes?

:1eye:

i personally dont like the idea to fully load the van and have every tool in the van ! I do load the van if i start a job but then after i only take with me what i need ! Just the way i am keep only what i think will need !

That's a snapshot of a particular day.... I only take out the big bottle for bigger jobs, plus it's got about 30ft of hose on it, so I can get away with leaving it in the hall and being able to reach most of the house.

Most of the cases aren't that full or heavy, but I can access everything easily, because I know where everything is, even little things like assorted nipples for bleed points.... nothing worse than losing one.

The organisers have a small selection of everything to do a small job without wasting half a day at the merchants, plus the inevitable, "while you're here, how much to fit an outside tap?"

Plus for a tenner, it's always worth keeping a diaphragm kit for a Poxi 105.

What I like to do is root through the boxes to get out only the tools for that job to take into the house, I found a sleeve with outside pockets in B&M which drops over a standard builders bucket.... really handy.

Every time I do a job I seem to have my whole van in the house. And I couldn't take any thing out, I'm bound to need it. Hats off to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to organising vans in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys Bit of frustrating situation, I was preparing to solder a 15mm Tee by lining it up to get the positioning right, etc and it was quite...
Replies
Views
Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I hope someone might be able to help please. I hope this isn't a daft question. I am trying to remove the side panels on my...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I am putting some blinds up. Which screws/all plugs are best for plasterboard window frames ?? I've got stud detector, drills etc as...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock