Discuss organising vans in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is impressive. I'm just a bit lazy and keep it all on a big van.

got a renault trafic once a month i spend a day sorting it out and after a couple of jobs its back the way it was doesn't matter how much you rack out or storage bins after a couple of jobs everything is piled on top of each other you never seem to have the time to put things back properly when your on the road does anyone else have the same trouble usually the problem is parking van parked round the block and when youve finished you pull outside job and just throw things in in a hurry i blame traffic wardens for my messy van they have a lot to answer for who agrees with me?

Everything apart from wardens. Dont suffer with them where I work.

I've got serious rack and van envy. I've got a small Ford Courrier as I've only just started on my own, its racked down one side and there's just no space to put all my stuff. Had my toolbag in the passenger footwell last week.

my van (swb sprinter)is nicely racked out both sides and every thing has a place
its just remenbering to put things back when youre rushing between jobs
i can take a full weekend to tidy it sometimes and a day to mess it up

I work on big commercial builds so most of our gear is stored in containers as we can be at the same job for months on end. The van does get ram packed with **** so me and my mate make sure we have a sort out at the end of each day so the mess don't get to messy. We always have spare fittings in organizers and all tool boxes are stored in the same place so if we do need anything that we don't use every day we know where it is.

Before I start any job I take a bit of time and have a think of what I'm going to need. Put all batteries on charge, get decent lighting, get all the fittings and sundries we could need and make sure iv'e got all the tools. The 10mins it takes me to set up saves about half an hour waiting for batteries to charge and going back and forth to the van to get another tool I might need.

I work on big commercial builds so most of our gear is stored in containers as we can be at the same job for months on end. The van does get ram packed with **** so me and my mate make sure we have a sort out at the end of each day so the mess don't get to messy. We always have spare fittings in organizers and all tool boxes are stored in the same place so if we do need anything that we don't use every day we know where it is.

Before I start any job I take a bit of time and have a think of what I'm going to need. Put all batteries on charge, get decent lighting, get all the fittings and sundries we could need and make sure iv'e got all the tools. The 10mins it takes me to set up saves about half an hour waiting for batteries to charge and going back and forth to the van to get another tool I might need.

try puttin a container in the back of your van if im on a job longterm and have secure storage my van empty i can get the bus

I've got most of my stuff in the stacking plastic crates like supermarkets use - bought a job-lot off ebay.
Front half of van (VW Transporter) has some home made timber racking to stack the crates on, accessed throug the side door. Rear half has removable home made racking if I need to carry bigger items like cylinders. Really big stuff & ladders justhave to go on the roof rack. Easy to carry the crates into a job and out again at the end. Much time saved running banck to the van during a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to organising vans in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys Bit of frustrating situation, I was preparing to solder a 15mm Tee by lining it up to get the positioning right, etc and it was quite...
Replies
Views
Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I hope someone might be able to help please. I hope this isn't a daft question. I am trying to remove the side panels on my...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I am putting some blinds up. Which screws/all plugs are best for plasterboard window frames ?? I've got stud detector, drills etc as...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock