Discuss Nvq in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Any one know what's the easiest way of achieving highest NVQ qualifications ?
I am expirienced plumber and already GSR , just need to gain some sertificates

Stan, with your knowledge and experience there's a way you can jump straight through to level 4, I'm exploring it at the moment because I'm in a similar boat to you.

I'll dig out the details later and pm them to you mate, both on here and on facebook.

Me too please Mr Croppie! I've got NVQ L2, but seriously thinking about college next year 1 day a week to get L3. If I could jump to L4 that'd be even better for future plans...

That NVQ 4 is in site management not Plumbing & heating.
As far as I am aware there is only up to Level 3 in just plumbing & heating, you then had to go onto a BTEC in Building Services & then onto HND in the same this was the route if you where in consulting.

There is what they call a mature workers route to NVQ Levels 2 & 3 but you would still need to sit the on-line exams & someone would need to come out & see work across the range of plumbing work.

Last edited:
I was originally told of a scheme that took into consideration your profesional qualifications and the ability to get yourself the qualification you require, for example with me, I've got an ONC in electrical engineering from years ago which doesn't count in our industry. But I've still shed loads of experience and professional qualifications such as the gas tickets etc.

I was told of this scheme called Licentiateship which took all of the above into consideration. Licentiateship doesn't exist anymore but has now evolved into 'Professional Recognition Awards'.

I'm currently trying to find a college in NI that'll deliver this.

Details below.

Professional Recognition Awards | City & Guilds

That NVQ 4 is in site management not Plumbing & heating.
As far as I am aware there is only up to Level 3 in just plumbing & heating, you then had to go onto a BTEC in HND.

There is what they call a mature workers route to NVQ Levels 2 & 3 but you would still need to sit the on-line exams.

You got more details on this Chris?

Yes I am GSR, but do not hold any city and guilds in gas fitting.
The only C and G I hold is the 6129, level 2

Looking at the jib site for cscs cards, looks like all I would be able to get is the Plumbing related occupations, White card, which means probably next to naff all in wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Nvq in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back