Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Nvq in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Any one know what's the easiest way of achieving highest NVQ qualifications ?
I am expirienced plumber and already GSR , just need to gain some sertificates

What u want to be not very qualified in exactly lots if nvq. Is it's bumming u need a mentor. M

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't learn off yourself! Mentor needs to sign off ur crap. Collage bod comes out and needs to speak to your supervisor

Stan, with your knowledge and experience there's a way you can jump straight through to level 4, I'm exploring it at the moment because I'm in a similar boat to you.

I'll dig out the details later and pm them to you mate, both on here and on facebook.

Stan, with your knowledge and experience there's a way you can jump straight through to level 4, I'm exploring it at the moment because I'm in a similar boat to you.

I'll dig out the details later and pm them to you mate, both on here and on facebook.

Could you share with me as well Mr Croppie please
Getting loads of offers for decent high end site work, but as no nvq's, means I cannot get a cscs card

Me too please Mr Croppie! I've got NVQ L2, but seriously thinking about college next year 1 day a week to get L3. If I could jump to L4 that'd be even better for future plans...

That NVQ 4 is in site management not Plumbing & heating.
As far as I am aware there is only up to Level 3 in just plumbing & heating, you then had to go onto a BTEC in Building Services & then onto HND in the same this was the route if you where in consulting.

There is what they call a mature workers route to NVQ Levels 2 & 3 but you would still need to sit the on-line exams & someone would need to come out & see work across the range of plumbing work.

Last edited:
I was originally told of a scheme that took into consideration your profesional qualifications and the ability to get yourself the qualification you require, for example with me, I've got an ONC in electrical engineering from years ago which doesn't count in our industry. But I've still shed loads of experience and professional qualifications such as the gas tickets etc.

I was told of this scheme called Licentiateship which took all of the above into consideration. Licentiateship doesn't exist anymore but has now evolved into 'Professional Recognition Awards'.

I'm currently trying to find a college in NI that'll deliver this.

Details below.

Professional Recognition Awards | City & Guilds

That NVQ 4 is in site management not Plumbing & heating.
As far as I am aware there is only up to Level 3 in just plumbing & heating, you then had to go onto a BTEC in HND.

There is what they call a mature workers route to NVQ Levels 2 & 3 but you would still need to sit the on-line exams.

You got more details on this Chris?

Yes I am GSR, but do not hold any city and guilds in gas fitting.
The only C and G I hold is the 6129, level 2

Looking at the jib site for cscs cards, looks like all I would be able to get is the Plumbing related occupations, White card, which means probably next to naff all in wages.

http://cdn.cityandguilds.com/Produc...88-6189 experienced worker route_guidance.pdf

To all that are interested in obtaining an industry recognized City & Guilds 6189 NVQ Level 2 or 3 qualification. Please have a read through the document link above, it sets out what is required if you are an experienced worker who wishes to use this experience instead of completing the whole standard course with on-site assessments.

The main bit is as follows "This enables the candidate to achieve the practical element of the combination unit(s) by submitting evidence of work activities from his/her workplace. Any learning outcomes not covered by this process will still need to be achieved using other assessment methods required for the qualification."
"All the Performance and Knowledge Unit assessments will still need to be completed." Which means all the on-line exams & written projects will still need to be completed.

Level 2 has to be competed before you can go on to Level 3.

Take care ladies & gents what knowledge you may believe is needed to work as a plumber is not necessarily what City & Guild thinks (Well it isn't actually C&G but the Sector Skills Counsel for our industry = SummitSkills).
There is a charge every time you resit an exam for instants & they will still need to come & see you on site a number of times so make sure you have a good idea what the likely total costs will be.

I do not know of any colleges that run this route but there are a number of training providers, again take care & check them out properly.
Hope that helps.

(PS. thanks Neil S for the full info)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Nvq in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock