Discuss NVQ 2 assessments on site in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mezza123

Hi there i need to book an on site assessment to get mt nvq 2 but dont know where to start looking. I have my technical certificate level 2 already just need to turn it into an NVQ. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. I have work lined up that I think will satisfy the criteria but just not sure of my next step. Thanks in advance.

"I got my portfolio finished took me a few weeks to do but when I went to college to hand it in my assessor told me that c&g needed me to have a minimum of 18 month on site experience because you can not learn this trade in a few weeks!."

Aint that the truth. Weirdly I had to do two bathrooms from first fix to count as my hot and cold installs. Just goes to show I think they make some of it up as they go along. And even once I had my NVQ it still took me another year before I felt competent really.

you do have to do 2 bathrooms! but the assessor only needs to see connections, so basically do the bathrooms and when it comes to connecting the taps get the assessor out and thats 1 hot and cold ticked of.. its really that easy tbh buts its stupid. but on the new 6189 you need a min on 18 month experience and I am leaving this thread now its doing my box in. to the op and danny, you'll find out I am right eventually.

Im so confused reading this... Got interesting when 2 people were arguing about so many numbers...now just another thread :( plz... Argue more!! Entertainment :)

Then you have a fraudulently obtained NVQ qualification !!

Its a shame that you are another victim of this con by training providers who will just take you money & give away the qualification, it is devaluing what other have worked very hard to achieve & is having a impact right across the industry because employers are un-able to rely on it as a basic measure of competency.

NVQs are just box ticking an meaningless in the sense of proper training, nothing is better than proper experience gained working alonside someone whos been in the trade a while. youll probably say my nvqs are fraudulent as it only took two weeks of box ticking to gain a completed folio for an nvq2 and 8 weeks for an nvq3. all whilst self employed working as a plumber likewise acs training and exams for gas work, Ive yet to see anyone fail an acs assessment and Im sure we arent all brilliant and know it all! Problem today is no one knows how to accept failing at something and getting off their backsides and working at getting qualifications and passing exams through hard work and all goverments seem to encourage this attitude. please note this is only an old gits opinion and you dont have to agree!

Im so confused reading this... Got interesting when 2 people were arguing about so many numbers...now just another thread :( plz... Argue more!! Entertainment :)

I would provid some more entertainment but chris has not replied back, why dont you join in? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NVQ 2 assessments on site in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock