Discuss novice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats a compression fitting?

comp.png

One of these (or similar).

Cut the copper pipe with pipe cutters, NOT a hacksaw, debur the cut end. Hold the stop end over the pipe and mark full slip with a marker pen. Ensure that the pipe is clean and that the cut end has no burs or sharp edges. Push the fitting partially onto the pipe, then push it fully home. Give it a slight pull to tighten the internal grab ring onto the pipe.
If you use plastic pipe, use the correct insert.

how difficult are they to fit bearing in mind my previous question..lol

was'nt joking when i said i knew nothing bout plumbing
Then, why on earth did you attempt to take a shower apart for tiling? DIY isn't always the answer and this proves it I think! A plumber would have carried this out for you quickly and efficiently and left it both leak free and problem free. Sadly your actions have achieved neither.

Get a plumber in pal and do it right instead of fluffing around with things you don't understand.

Then, why on earth did you attempt to take a shower apart for tiling? DIY isn't always the answer and this proves it I think! A plumber would have carried this out for you quickly and efficiently and left it both leak free and problem free. Sadly your actions have achieved neither.

Get a plumber in pal and do it right instead of fluffing around with things you don't understand.
yippee :)

I'm guessing the conex and olive are still on the feed - stopping the pushfit stop end from going on as far as it should.

I thought this, since the very first post I made, and then thought, nah cant be ... but then again, when he said whats a compression fitting, maybe ur right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to novice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A simple procedure has turned difficult. I am trying to disconnect a floor-mounted bidet so I can change the click clack waste. All is...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
Hi all, sorry about the long post but a novice here looking for some advice... I've just bought a 12 bedroom private house with 3 bathrooms that...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock