Discuss Noisy macerator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Assettrail

Hi guys, and thank you for a wondrous mine of information. I have a problem with our new house, in the en-suite there is a macerator fitted to the loo/shower/bath and sink, one unit to serve all four items. I am not a plumber and this is the first macerator I have ever come across. Thankfully we have a first floor bathroom which gets most of the use. The problem is the en-suite is right next to my little girls room, she's only three:), and when the macerator kicks in it is very noisy, it sounds like it is bouncing all over the place. It scares the **** out of her, lucky she's near the loo:), but she won't go in there to use it.
Please let me know your thoughts, I can't move her to another room, she's next to mum and dad, and her brothers all occupy the first floor.
best wishes
to all for 2010,
Daz
Assettrail

:mad: Well what an amazingly helpful comment ,not. Since asking the question I have taken the macerator apart, cleaned it out and oiled all the moving parts - which is incidentally the type of answer I was expecting. And all is good now, not a nice job but someone has to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
prehaps the idiot should have looked into his problem further and cured it before coming onto the forum. maserators are noisy normally and a horrible invention that no plumber likes working on or with and if you consider the answer, it is the best solution if not a tad costly.

Last edited by a moderator:
i took the one out i was working on as the landlord thort that it was better in the long run to take out and chuck it away and connect to the mains as tennants dont look after

well i was happy anyway as i got a good earning job out of it anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noisy macerator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock