Discuss No heat to rads after draining down and fitting towel rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andreww

Hi Guys, drained down a Baxi back boiler in a bungalow with an Elson indirect hot water tank in the loft. I shut all the rads at both ends then drained down via the pipework for the towel rail in the bathroom.

Fitted new towel rail bled all rads put boiler on and only 1 rad will heat up and wont pass onto the next help needed what have I done?:(

are you sure youve turned all rad valves back on??

if so sounds like an air lock

Sounds like a air lock
Although closing all rads and draining may seem a good idea ,as saves time draining,some would say by the time you close all rads, about the same time however and part draining system this way can cause problems when refilling as found,leave running over night if possible and see if air lock clears or drain system correctly and refill or could try a mains burst through system with hose pipe
Also as in Bungalow check no finger vents on high point pipe work in loft space

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys, drained down a Baxi back boiler in a bungalow with an Elson indirect hot water tank in the loft. I shut all the rads at both ends then drained down via the pipework for the towel rail in the bathroom.

Fitted new towel rail bled all rads put boiler on and only 1 rad will heat up and wont pass onto the next help needed what have I done?:(

broken it thats what you have done why did you turn all the rad valves off?not the way to drain a system as said you have a airlock

Thanks guys

Sounds like a air lock
Although closing all rads and draining may seem a good idea ,as saves time draining,some would say by the time you close all rads, about the same time however and part draining system this way can cause problems when refilling as found,leave running over night if possible and see if air lock clears or drain system correctly and refill or could try a mains burst through system with hose pipe
Also as in Bungalow check no finger vents on high point pipe work in loft space
Cheers mate, left the heating running overnight and it cleared itself and fully working now so thanks for the sound advice and a lesson learned about draining down

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No heat to rads after draining down and fitting towel rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock