Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom renovation and I need to change my rad. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm going to have my bathroom renovated and that includes changing my rusty old rad for a towel rail. I wanna cut down the costs as much as possible so there's things I want to do myself. In order to change the rad I'll have to turn off the lock shields then slowly drain the rad.

The thing is the pipework will need altering once the floor tiles are up so I'll need to drain the CH system anyway.

I have a combi boiler so if I turn the flow and return off from beneath the boiler the hot water should still work.

But the question is if I drain the system the pressure will go down so what do I do? Do I drain then top up the pressure then turn the flow and return off? Or do I have to just drain, quickly install towel rad and pipework and repressurise boiler?

The hot water needs the heating circuit to function. You can't just turn the flow and return off under the boiler.

Drain the heating system, alter the pipework and then refill. In that time you will be without hot water but it should be less than a days work

To be honest if you have the new towel rail there, a plumber would get this done in a couple of hours - so why not just pay that as part of the job - it won’t add much to the cost.

Reply to Bathroom renovation and I need to change my rad. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock