Search the forum,

Discuss No cooker bracket on safety inspection? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys.

What label should I be using for a cooker with no bracket or chain?

Should I be isolating supply?

No. It's NCS under GIUSP. Under the old rules you could issue a warning notice. Under the new rules, just make a note of it and advise landlord. I prefer to do it in writing (email) but that's not a requirement AFAIK.

Cant you ask the LL if he wants you to fit a chain? 10 minutes work.

just put a chain on and charge the land lord a few quid to fit it iaw mfis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No cooker bracket on safety inspection? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m experimenting with the installation of a floating countertop / basin. At the top of the picture are the brackets I’m considering using. Below that is my ‘test rig’ screwed into the garage wall (same blocks as used in the bathroom). At present I have just over 28kg sitting on these brackets...
Replies
Views
Hi, my mother had an electric cooker installed yesterday. The guy who fitted it said it shouldn't be close to the gas pipe but it is. The red arrow shows the gas pipes, the blue arrows are the electric supply for the cooker and the purple is the back of the cooker. I know nothing of plumbing...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but it looks great so far. I have a question about classifying a cooker .... Is a cooker with missing knobs AR or ID? I can work the hobs using the metal parts so they do work, but the plastic control knobs are mostly missing. Any ideas? thanks
Replies
Views
I have a redundant gas cooker supply to cap, but wondered what the nut on the top of the gas supply bayonet fitting is used for?
Replies
Views
Hello, I have recently had a conservatory installed, covering the full length of the kitchen. I have just failed my gas safety inspection due to lack of ventilation. I have a ventless extractor fan, thinking that would do that job… but apparently not. Is there any other solutions to it? and why...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock