Discuss No cold water in bathroom after changing toilet? Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
So your honest,
Do you tell the customer that your going to scrap copper in?
Do you charge customer the same for materials as you get them for and put petrol on bill instead?
Do you tell the customer that the boiler your installing is free because you have bought so many boilers from them that you get one free?

So back to my question, would you take that money?

Life swings in roundabouts, all I'm saying is if you are on a "forum" which is for helping people then you should be willing to help, should this be telling them they are out their depth then so be it, however having a go at them and being rude is not productive nor is it helpful.
If this is the way you wish to run your life then so be it, but I was expressing my disgust at how people treat other people on this forum.

Do we have any ex screwfix members on here?, that forum is a dead duck now but was a good laugh about a year ago. The plumbers talk forum was the worst of them all for diy'ers being ridiculed and abused.

Jase why don't you contact the admins to get access to the plumbers arms? These discussions are healthy and are what that forum is for.

That said I don't think anyone bullied or ripped into anyone in this thread. Some people became a bit frustrated with the OP but that was it.

Because I would never associate myself with those people in there that are exactly what I can not stand.

So your honest,
Do you tell the customer that your going to scrap copper in?
Do you charge customer the same for materials as you get them for and put petrol on bill instead?
Do you tell the customer that the boiler your installing is free because you have bought so many boilers from them that you get one free?

You're just being childish there. Though not as childish as repeatedly asking me if I would steal from a customer.

Life swings in roundabouts, all I'm saying is if you are on a "forum" which is for helping people then you should be willing to help, should this be telling them they are out their depth then so be it, however having a go at them and being rude is not productive nor is it helpful.
If this is the way you wish to run your life then so be it, but I was expressing my disgust at how people treat other people on this forum.

A forum isn't exclusively for helping people, it's a meeting place for minded people where they can discuss common issues. That people chose to help one another is testament to their decency, not their force participation.

If you find the people on this forum so distasteful then I suggest you leave us to our nefarious ways. For crying out loud don't go to the screwfix forum, you'll last all of an hour.

Do we have any ex screwfix members on here?, that forum is a dead duck now but was a good laugh about a year ago. The plumbers talk forum was the worst of them all for diy'ers being ridiculed and abused.
Hope none of the bad apples. That was a thoroughly unpleasant forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I am looking at this all wrong.

You have been working all week, had a really bad week, customers moaning and winging, getting tiny leaks that just don't stop no matter what you do and then your last job and customer is asking a hundred questions whilst watching your every move "is that right" "are you sure thats how you do it" then you come on here to unwind and help other people and you get some clown who just doesnt listen and asks you "are you sure" you find the funny side to it and take the mick, its not his fault but you have had a bad week and he just tipped it off. but next time you do it think, would you do that to the customer if they asked you "are you sure" would you turn around and say "go find another plumber mate cos I cant be doing with you?". If so then fair enough do as you like and don't let me step in.
If not then think next time, this guy you are having a go at could be your next customer or somebody elses next customer, he has tried it himself, realised he is out of his depth, but instead of calling a qualified plumber in he will call a builder/ electrician friend or just a friend to do it. being rude does not help our trade and does not help our businesses. this just makes us look like complete and utter jerks. sory for the rant to all the nice plumbers on here but like i said beore, there are a few guys that really spoil it for the rest of us. Why haven't I left? because I will not be pushed out of anything, if these guys wont be kicked out then why should I leave.

if a plumber is friendly, gives good advice and is polite the customer will tell 1 person...If they a rude, short with the client ect they tell 10! soon know one will come on here for advice or help in fear of getting shot down

You're just being childish there. Though not as childish as repeatedly asking me if I would steal from a customer.

A forum isn't exclusively for helping people, it's a meeting place for minded people where they can discuss common issues. That people chose to help one another is testament to their decency, not their force participation.

If you find the people on this forum so distasteful then I suggest you leave us to our nefarious ways. For crying out loud don't go to the screwfix forum, you'll last all of an hour.

Funny, I have been on there before and never found any rude comments, funny that.

if a plumber is friendly, gives good advice and is polite the customer will tell 1 person...If they a rude, short with the client ect they tell 10! soon know one will come on here for advice or help in fear of getting shot down

allelujah, somebody finnaly gets me.

With the free distribution of information afforded by the internet my (and your) pool of work is shrinking.

if you feel you are loosing work by giving advice then don't, what do you suggest? some sort of pay per question? LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No cold water in bathroom after changing toilet? Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock