Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Nightmare Plumber Who lives Across The Road in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. S0ldier

S0ldier New Member

We live across the road from a plumber, he keeps on harassing our family and our neighbours have also had trouble with him. He parks his van where he likes to cause an obstruction. When telling him to park properly, he is abusive. He keeps on turning our gas and water off, he has blocked our neighbours car in a number of times. He left a boiler literally on our doorstep with all of its insides pulled out, he has thrown rubbish outside our house and deliberately opened his door onto my mums car. The police are uninterested. We have never had him to do any work or anything. Do we options at removing him from the street?

2. fixitflav

fixitflav Active Member

I don't know, but it's not a plumbing question!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. DuncanM

DuncanM Plumber GSR

What, may I ask, would you like us to do about it? If you live in a housing association or council place you may very well be able to have him evicted, if all the other neighbours agree or served with an ASBO. If he owns the place then I would suspect you have little chance of shifting him.

4. S0ldier

S0ldier New Member

Maybe not directly, but it’s relevant

• Like Like x 1
  5. DuncanM

DuncanM Plumber GSR

To what?

6. S0ldier

S0ldier New Member

That’s the thing this man has lived there a number of years, we live in our own home that we bought a couple of years ago and next door don’t rent either. A few houses in our estate are owned by landlords, however our neighbors don’t know if he is renting or not.

7. S0ldier

S0ldier New Member

He being a plumber. So we was looking for advice from others

8. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Do what a lot of people do nowadays and buy some hidden cameras going 24/7.
    Save up plenty of evidence and then give it to police.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. DuncanM

DuncanM Plumber GSR

Start to video, photo and log all the antics along with your neighbour and go back to the police, as in to the station, and speak to a higher ranking officer than a plod and show them. Anyway back to your relevant plumbing question?? What is it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. WC1

WC1 Active Member

Are you a tiler/ spark ??

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. DuncanM

DuncanM Plumber GSR

As to how to plumb...or how to get rid of a pesky neighbour? Personally I would go polite and gentle at first then the vids, pics etc to police and if that did not work loose my size 11 boot up his arse.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Best

More a legal issue really.
    Trouble is you have to expect the situation to escalate if you do anything against him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

If this is a genuine post , the fact he is messing with your gas is dangerous, I am pretty sure the police will get involved with this .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Best

Is his van flammable ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. hammers4spanner

hammers4spanner Plumber GSR

Smear dog poo on the underside of his car door handle. Nice surprise for him in the morning

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1