Discuss Nightmare Plumber Who lives Across The Road in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

We live across the road from a plumber, he keeps on harassing our family and our neighbours have also had trouble with him. He parks his van where he likes to cause an obstruction. When telling him to park properly, he is abusive. He keeps on turning our gas and water off, he has blocked our neighbours car in a number of times. He left a boiler literally on our doorstep with all of its insides pulled out, he has thrown rubbish outside our house and deliberately opened his door onto my mums car. The police are uninterested. We have never had him to do any work or anything. Do we options at removing him from the street?

We live across the road from a plumber, he keeps on harassing our family and our neighbours have also had trouble with him. He parks his van where he likes to cause an obstruction. When telling him to park properly, he is abusive. He keeps on turning our gas and water off, he has blocked our neighbours car in a number of times. He left a boiler literally on our doorstep with all of its insides pulled out, he has thrown rubbish outside our house and deliberately opened his door onto my mums car. The police are uninterested. We have never had him to do any work or anything. Do we options at removing him from the street?
I don't know, but it's not a plumbing question!

What, may I ask, would you like us to do about it? If you live in a housing association or council place you may very well be able to have him evicted, if all the other neighbours agree or served with an ASBO. If he owns the place then I would suspect you have little chance of shifting him.

What, may I ask, would you like us to do about it? If you live in a housing association or council place you may very well be able to have him evicted, if all the other neighbours agree or served with an ASBO. If he owns the place then I would suspect you have little chance of shifting him.
That’s the thing this man has lived there a number of years, we live in our own home that we bought a couple of years ago and next door don’t rent either. A few houses in our estate are owned by landlords, however our neighbors don’t know if he is renting or not.

Start to video, photo and log all the antics along with your neighbour and go back to the police, as in to the station, and speak to a higher ranking officer than a plod and show them. Anyway back to your relevant plumbing question?? What is it?

Start to video, photo and log all the antics along with your neighbour and go back to the police, as in to the station, and speak to a higher ranking officer than a plod and show them. Anyway back to your relevant plumbing question?? What is it?
We’ve thought of setting up cameras, but the police basically said that it’s a personal problem and they’re not interested unless he actually breaks the law.

As to how to plumb...or how to get rid of a pesky neighbour? Personally I would go polite and gentle at first then the vids, pics etc to police and if that did not work loose my size 11 boot up his arse.
I asked here because it’s a plumber forum. We’ve tried talking to him, but he seems to being doing these things either because he thinks it’s funny or??

We’ve thought of setting up cameras, but the police basically said that it’s a personal problem and they’re not interested unless he actually breaks the law.

If he is turning your water or gas off, or threatening anyone, then he is breaking the law.

If this is a genuine post , the fact he is messing with your gas is dangerous, I am pretty sure the police will get involved with this .
We told the police everything he has done, but they are uninterested unfortunately. All of this has been going on pretty much since we have moved in and only went to the police about 4 months ago.

If he is turning your water or gas off, or threatening anyone, then he is breaking the law.
Not threatening as such, but he has caused what my mum would class as criminal damage however we don’t have much proof of it as such. The police were told about him turning our water and gas off, but they don’t seem to think it’s a criminal offence and say it’s a private matter

If correct, that's quite alarming.
I’d say the way he has behaved and the things he has done is very alarming. The thing is next door hasn’t really had any dealings with him as such either and he just seems to be doing it because he likes causing trouble

Not threatening as such, but he has caused what my mum would class as criminal damage however we don’t have much proof of it as such. The police were told about him turning our water and gas off, but they don’t seem to think it’s a criminal offence and say it’s a private matter

Really? Where is your water and gas isolators?
Trespassing, harassment and interfering with private property for essential supplies I would have thought was a tad bit illegal.
Any police that tell you otherwise, just go above them to a higher rank, as advised

Really? Where is your water and gas isolators?
Trespassing, harassment and interfering with private property for essential supplies I would have thought was a tad bit illegal.
Any police that tell you otherwise, just go above them to a higher rank, as advised
I’d imagine the gas is turned off outside in the box and we have a stop tap on the street. I haven’t been to the police myself, but my mother has. I’ll tell her, thanks

Yes, but my mother suggested that I find other plumbers as they might know what we can do.

We can’t really help you.
Unless you want us to tell you what annoys us most.
Probably getting our tools robbed from van is one of them. Not suggesting you do that though! :p
No matter what you do to make a complaint, he will know eventually.
So just gather evidence, dates and times, what he did each time and video evidence.
How about also notifying local council?

I fell out with my mate when I was about 10 and I went round one night after dark and totally salted his mum's flowerbed, poured a full bag of cheapo salt over them and worked it into the soil.
I feel bad now as his mum was nice..:(

Reply to Nightmare Plumber Who lives Across The Road in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back