Discuss New unvented system - ground floor losing pressure in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Ok thanks both, that makes more sense. They were always reading the same value until the last week or so where the digital vaillant reading started reading about 0.4bar higher than the analogue one. Pressure dropped again and I refilled to 1.5 bar a day or two ago. All fine. Today, had dropped again overnight, but this time after re-pressurising using the filling loops, the pressure went back up but the F75 code has arrived again so nothing working, no hot water no heating, very frustrating! I know the installer will say to just reset the boiler but not comfortable doing that - surely just because there might be a pipe leak , doesn't mean there is nothing wrong with the boiler - the F75 code has only started coming recently, could the pressure sensor have blown?

Will call insurers on monday to find the leak but worried that they will say there is a problem with the boiler that hasnt been sorted out yet..and until then we got young kids and no hot water or heating for a couple of days, nightmare!

Ok thanks both, that makes more sense. They were always reading the same value until the last week or so where the digital vaillant reading started reading about 0.4bar higher than the analogue one. Pressure dropped again and I refilled to 1.5 bar a day or two ago. All fine. Today, had dropped again overnight, but this time after re-pressurising using the filling loops, the pressure went back up but the F75 code has arrived again so nothing working, no hot water no heating, very frustrating! I know the installer will say to just reset the boiler but not comfortable doing that - surely just because there might be a pipe leak , doesn't mean there is nothing wrong with the boiler - the F75 code has only started coming recently, could the pressure sensor have blown?

Will call insurers on monday to find the leak but worried that they will say there is a problem with the boiler that hasnt been sorted out yet..and until then we got young kids and no hot water or heating for a couple of days, nightmare!
Just reset, the worse than can happen is that it'll just do F.75 again.

More than likely theres dirt in the pressure sensor. They are very sensitive, and tbh a bit of a nightmare. You could try adding a tiny bit more pressure in, then reseting. That usually sorts it.

You can always turn on the immersion heater for hot water?
F75 is usually a boiler issue
Is it possible to leave the leaking zone isolated until it’s fixed?
I’m not sure if that boiler requires an auto bypass but I can’t see one in the pictures

You can always turn on the immersion heater for hot water?
F75 is usually a boiler issue
Is it possible to leave the leaking zone isolated until it’s fixed?
I’m not sure if that boiler requires an auto bypass but I can’t see one in the pictures

Yup plumber not coming and insists not a boiler issue, says it's a leak that needs sorting. He said just keep filling up and resetting boiler until leak sorted. Good point re. Electric immersion heater, I'm not sure where that switch is on this new system, will have to ask.

They did isolate upstairs and no pressure loss, so they think leak is downstairs but no sign of water damage so no idea where. If we isolate off again, means no heating at all downstairs and things are going to get cold over next week or two.

What's an auto bypass??

Yup plumber not coming and insists not a boiler issue, says it's a leak that needs sorting. He said just keep filling up and resetting boiler until leak sorted. Good point re. Electric immersion heater, I'm not sure where that switch is on this new system, will have to ask.

They did isolate upstairs and no pressure loss, so they think leak is downstairs but no sign of water damage so no idea where. If we isolate off again, means no heating at all downstairs and things are going to get cold over next week or two.

What's an auto bypass??

Which model Ecofit Pure (Since its not an Ecotec) do you have? Does the model number start with 4 or 6. There is a badge on the underside?

What's an auto bypass??
follow the cable to hopefully find a switch for the immersion

An auto bypass will open to give water somewhere to go if the pump is running but zone valves are shut.
Nothing to do with your leak problem

Reply to New unvented system - ground floor losing pressure in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock