Search the forum,

Discuss New Radiator Size Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have bought new radiators to replace my current ones (around 25 years old). Old radiators were all fitted with TRV's.

I have put the new 15mm compression inserts into the radiator that came with the new valves/TRV's but this then makes the valves too wide to fit onto the existing pipes (by around 20mm). I think the old radiators had the inserts that have to be put in with a radiator valve key.

Do the threaded parts of the radiator that the inserts screw into come up different widths on different brands?

any chance of a pic of the new valves?

These are the valves/TRV (Drayton RT212).

Screenshot 2019-04-26 at 22.04.22.jpg

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/chrome-angled-radiator-valve-drain-off-15mm-x/70408

Time to re jig and put a set into the pipes

Ok thanks for all the replies. Looks like getting small radiators with the tail extensions will be the best option. Pipes are in a concrete floor as well which is more difficult as there is no movement on them.

Cheers for the help.

Ok thanks for all the replies. Looks like getting small radiators with the tail extensions will be the best option. Pipes are in a concrete floor as well which is more difficult as there is no movement on them.

Cheers for the help.

If you own a pipe cutter the one on the right is less likely to leak than the one on the left.

Getting the thread to seal in the radiator can be a bit of a pig if you use PTFE. £20 for a bottle of Loctite 577 even if it’s only for this one job may well save you a lot of hassle in the long term.

Reply to New Radiator Size Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock