Search the forum,

Discuss New Radiator Size Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have bought new radiators to replace my current ones (around 25 years old). Old radiators were all fitted with TRV's.

I have put the new 15mm compression inserts into the radiator that came with the new valves/TRV's but this then makes the valves too wide to fit onto the existing pipes (by around 20mm). I think the old radiators had the inserts that have to be put in with a radiator valve key.

Do the threaded parts of the radiator that the inserts screw into come up different widths on different brands?

any chance of a pic of the new valves?

Are you saying that your valves are 3/4” male and the inserts are 1/2” female

These are the valves/TRV (Drayton RT212).

Screenshot 2019-04-26 at 22.04.22.jpg

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/chrome-angled-radiator-valve-drain-off-15mm-x/70408

Time to re jig and put a set into the pipes

Ok thanks for all the replies. Looks like getting small radiators with the tail extensions will be the best option. Pipes are in a concrete floor as well which is more difficult as there is no movement on them.

Cheers for the help.

Ok thanks for all the replies. Looks like getting small radiators with the tail extensions will be the best option. Pipes are in a concrete floor as well which is more difficult as there is no movement on them.

Cheers for the help.

If you own a pipe cutter the one on the right is less likely to leak than the one on the left.

Getting the thread to seal in the radiator can be a bit of a pig if you use PTFE. £20 for a bottle of Loctite 577 even if it’s only for this one job may well save you a lot of hassle in the long term.

Reply to New Radiator Size Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to swap a K1 radiator with a P+, the same size on a combi system. Can i turn off both valves, remove the existing radiator, put the new one on the existing brackets, and reconnect the existing valves, and then top up. Would draining the entire system be necessary? If draining is not...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved into a house which has cellar within which is a radiator which is part of the central heating system. The rad looks old, rusty and horrible as does the...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
I have recently bought my own house and decided to redo the kitchen. There was a radiator in the room already but I wanted to move it. I extended the pipes (8mm microbore) and plumbed in the new radiator. I opened the isolation valves and filled up the radiator with no issues. I've bled every...
Replies
Views
I have had some old radiators replaced. Having checked the btu calculation myself, the new radiator is slightly undersized. It should have been 6150 btus, and the k1 rad that has been fitted (the required width in order to fit the old pipes) is 6025 btus. Output wise the next rad up would be a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock