Discuss New Flexi tails leaking on monobloc tsp in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

B

Boaster38

Hi I have a monobloc mixer tap which is 18mths old. a leak appeared underneath in the cupboard which looked to be coming from the flexi tail M8 end I replaced the new tails but when connecting up (hand tight)the leak is worse, is this a tail issue or could it be a cartridge perhaps, I have used ppte tape which improved it but still leaks

Not cartridge if it’s leaking from there.
Were the o-rings in place and in good condition on your tails?
Better tails have two o-rings and these seem to more reliable.
However even with no o-ring you should be able to get it leak free using ptfe.

Pictures would be helpful.
The first instance could be condensation perhaps.
PTFE maybe used in some situations but many times applied incorrectly. May you can get a better sealing compound?

Reply to New Flexi tails leaking on monobloc tsp in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, As I need to purchase two new taps for our en suite, I've noticed that almost all taps now come with flexi tails as standard. I've read some...
Replies
Views
Hi folks I need to fit a kitchen monobloc tap temporarily. A new sink unit will be going in soon so this will just be a stop gap. The current...
Replies
Views
Hi, One of the tails for our basin tap was leaking slightly; I was never sure if the leak was from the flexible or from the join to the tap. The...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock