Discuss New boiler installed. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say fair play to him for actually testing it. People are alway shocked when a leak appears on 30 year old copper pipework...

Did the same installer who fitted the Boiler also fit the pipework?

Is the now covered over pipework Underfloor within the concrete or just covered over by wooden floors?

If UFH in the concrete / screed was the pipework held under pressure whilst the concrete / screed was laid?

Also am I missing the point but if it was constantly connected to the mains what is this going to prove? if there is a leak then the mains pressure will make up the shortfall was there any sort of pressure gauge attached??

Last edited:
Also am I missing the point but if it was constantly connected to the mains what is this going to prove? if there is a leak then the mains pressure will make up the shortfall was there any sort of pressure gauge attached??

Maybe they were hoping to see a wet patch...

I'd say the installer was spot on, probably ran it for an hour at max with chemical cleaner in the system (x800 or similar) to comply with manufacturers guidelines as he couldn't be sure it had been cleaned previously
I'd keep his number if I were you and liase with him in the next course of action to get the leak(s) resoved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New boiler installed. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock