Discuss New boiler installed. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that might be the case, hence the question. The boiler installer has stress-tested the system because he couldn't be 100% sure of the pipework he was connecting on to. He's found a leak and the responsibility is clear. A few weeks or months down the line and boundaries get blurred in terms of who's liable for problems caused by the leak.

The pressure testing that you previously mentioned - are you sure it was at mains pressure?

Definitely mains pressure, the system was connected directly into the mains water supply for four days. Thank you for your input into this matter, l feel a lot better now knowing the installer was not in the wrong pushing the system so hard and the boiler has been caused no lasting damage. Cheers!

Definitely mains pressure, the system was connected directly into the mains water supply for four days. Thank you for your input into this matter, l feel a lot better now knowing the installer was not in the wrong pushing the system so hard and the boiler has been caused no lasting damage. Cheers!

That is not the recognised pressure testing regime for pipework! Is yours a sealed or open-vented system? Do you have tanks in the loft? Or is there a pressure gauge on the boiler?

Rather than come on the net asking ,would it not be better to get more info out of the installer? lots of opinions can get thrown around when only half a tails been told

4 days... that's a long wait...................................................................................

Everybody seems to be questioning installer however he found a leak for starters and hell of a lot of installers i know don't even test the boiler properly.

At least he tried .

Everybody seems to be questioning installer however he found a leak for starters and hell of a lot of installers i know don't even test the boiler properly.

At least he tried .

Exactly! I think the installer covered his backside. As for the original pipework testing - 4 DAYS?!

its not clear why the pipework was tested for 4 days or who did it, what is clear is that the boiler installer tested the system because he had shunted onto existing and found there to be a problem, I think that you got a good installer and should either ask him his advice as to whom is responsible for the leak and how to go about getting it rectified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New boiler installed. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock