Discuss Nest learning thermostat vallient boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rooky007

HI folks

am new here and I've been given a nest thermo stat.

I am am good with fitting things if know where to put the wires. I've a vallient ECO PRO 28 boiler can someone possible help how I wire the heatlink to it pls as it not got the same wording as the nest instruction.

Cheers

Took cover off to make sure the wires in right place for you

I've not opened the box yet just incase I send back and get nest to come out as a bundle price. As nest charged £250 all in

if got someone do it they wanted £120 then the cost of nest £199 so a lot more.

But it here a link to nest

i can't appear to send links to sites keep throwing up errors

You could get a local nest installer in, I'm not familiar with that exact boiler, normal set up for combis is Live and neutral to the heat link, then link the live to common If 240v, which is 2 on the heat link and then call for heat goes to 3. If your not confident in establishing which wire is which then I do think you should get someone in.

You could get a local nest installer in, I'm not familiar with that exact boiler, normal set up for combis is Live and neutral to the heat link, then link the live to common If 240v, which is 2 on the heat link and then call for heat goes to 3. If your not confident in establishing which wire is which then I do think you should get someone in.

Am not paying £120 for a 5 mins job so guess I take this back and get a package for £250.

Can't you see from the images what I should connect to pls?

On the nest you should have 4 connections L and N sure you know where these go and the other two are your stat connections live from the boiler to your wifi controller is com and live back to boiler (fire) no

But now this is a big but does the nest work on low voltage as your is only 24v do not put mains to the pcb

Last edited:
Guess I just take this back tmr then get it ordered via nest. Rather pay nest £50 for install than ?120 I've been quoted.

120 seems steep, there is the set up and demonstration for the customer, have you asked a couple of installers?

Yes I have ask 5 they all wanted too much the £120 was cheapest.

If the connections on the boiler was labelled what what it be easier but it as pictured

But I don't think I can have the nest wired to the boiler without trailing wires to it. So is wireless problematic if so I won't bother just stick to my current set up

But I though need wireless to do remote access

dont know nest but arnt they all remote access, and its just wired it wired directly to boiler and the wireless uses a base (e the base is wired to the boiler and the nest it free to mount anywhere) might be wrong as dont fit them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Nest learning thermostat vallient boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock