Search the forum,

Discuss Neff Dishwasher Aquastop Connection Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

snowpony

Hi Lovely Plumbing Community,

Please help me. I have bought a NEFF dishwasher (S51E50X1GB) and am installing it myself. My previous dishwasher was also a NEFF and a similar model, so I thought it would be a simple swap. When I removed the old dishwasher I noticed that there was a brass ending to the aquastop that had been connected very tightly to the water connection. I used a wrench to undo it from the water end, but couldn't find a way to remove it from the aquastop itself - so assumed it was part of the unit.

When the new dishwasher came its aquastop was entirely plastic. Knowing no better I screwed it straight on to the water connection, but when I turned the water tap on the connection between water tap and aquastop is in no way water-tight: water gushes out!

I assume that I need some kind of adaptor or connector to create a seal between the two. I'm assuming a brass bit with a rubber washer, but have no idea what this is called or where to get it from. I called NEFF direct, but they couldn't advise.

This is my first attempt at installing a dishwasher and I really want to be able to complete the job. Advice happily welcomed.

Hi snowpony welcome to the forums, did you use a washer to seal the aquastop to the water connection?

No, it didn't come with a washer and also there's a very small thread on the aquastop. Would I be using a washer that fits inside? I'm assuming it would be a rubber washer.

You sure the washer isn`t attached to the hose somewhere, normally with a rubber band.

ah! one of those neff things....

putting a house brick on the end of the pipe make things awkward for a start!.

do you have a picture?

Needs a washer either fibre or rubber, normally in the installation kit

Thanks. I'll take a look again at everything that came with it, but fairly sure one wasn't included.

If I need to buy a new one what am I looking for, size-wise?

9DDuFVu5-W2l0erCgOzwSDTKj5c_n0tgdQOvRRNLu9PFMol_8x284t60NVpqou3KRqwKdm9UzIVkcYCW3apPy6LuGG_yToCAQ6uFAOKiK9aPHZglkR6ccSVCOpW1fNjj358K6yqWl4ARnOAQVcz4Oy-53m8oReAr509us14_gH5yjVQFP-fhKl_Yb5qqR2E1rNJ6vSG9zwVBoH8YKMNWld1VuWpnvYee6kH674WoncjZj150gW69rkStY3rbwfzLX2-HHHdYkfMOEwuPONR5sj7ZgxsiuO14wjmA2_o6qOJNYzrel95ZQBNfeZzqTaMArK06ATO5zoV0V2MTAyCr6uQKbmbJLacRJFsUOpllyaE8r822G33qeLQ0SqMJVPpvSWwA99y7JmISP1zHONxskQe8L8ZlTazu01vvwca6piGLL1R4WoMSj_FJ4ZmSegPzXCfcOuZW10A7N4A2QRbLSQxleKzSJO8PSMdzOcDOrpCCzlnwQpZengnXYRrAnVaJgQ5Rw97PHxeYHZEqZlSRrjo2REs583L4pI535hgvPbrR4hqzRE6arkIIlF41xbTh_bSN=w982-h1308-no

urvpmJxJLw9fNZS532Lyyql_YWGwCwfxactsaNiAU1l7w6CtQeKPDGTJeoapl0qBF3SRUmANEHn2XyD_Su6-ndYCxh5UZUw_i4IY2DqNp1TkdgQIsjL4s_4DaJ1f4oSFEBqqTd93rx1zk6lu5t2c56yJf8jUwG4XwOx8E1rrg2j69N3zvVjeJA7dulIHzdK-acF6mdk5ryh2XMHiRdg_qJzDUB41GAhialWwN3nCIDm3nnTRByE71C1HDxdzltSfAgNh7YqDTAboPAZn34AtaiPCcMzIh39I89VAEo2hk_-pNzwpjJGBNgsxk-7_sZoUOlPOTRiw2N0dTudhjHcS6w3teR2ZdwW1xpayu13fMb3dG6qIf9J9J5vraGvClUO-f7_b4zgw1oPHW2NnxFoprTyI8Bza93RIq6enR6lOre_htjS8LYI5SphjZOrz0XBWLOloAB4w6c-vyBePso6sOVTkd0Mcfj09Z57tWI9Qc9oUTu9K3gCqvkJOfXq-9tVkf10syFUmI7mns9vH8jzDnAamfradRKKxRi230lZLYcLeuGhFK-YKkpMs7Vy90xbwENFH=w982-h1308-no

You can see how small the aquastop thread is in this picture. The black area inside is part of the filter and doesn't help provide a seal.

Do you really think just a washer is needed here? That would be really great if it's that simple.

Looks as if the seal is in the aqua stop ok. The old ones had a brass nut, the new ones are plastic. Make sure you haven't cross threaded the nut and try a few wraps of ptfe tape. Does it actually start to screw on or is the service tap too large?

Last edited by a moderator:
It screws on and the fit always feels really tight, but the water gushes out over the top of the aquastop connection. I'm worried about ruining the plastic thread by trying too many times.

What does ptfe stand for? and would the tape be enough to ensure a secure seal?

Thanks for the advice.

They are a tight fit. When you screw it down keep wobbling the aqua stop. Tighten down until it stops wobbling then nip it up a bit more. Use a pair of grips. Ptfe tape is used to seal a thread on a fitting, get it from a merchant.

Thanks - and it's ok to use a pair of grips when the thread inside the aquastop is plastic - that won't hurt the thread at all?

And could you advise me on how to use the Ptfe tape? Do I put it on the tap before threading on the aquastop, or afterwards, around the top? Sorry if these are very basic questions, but I'm a complete novice and need all the help I can get :)

Post #1, he tried that and they couldn`t help hence why he is here.

What I meant was: if it's not screwing on it could be faulty be faulty. Perhaps you should contact the retailer. At the end of the day it is their responsibility if the part is faulty. Of course if you have cross threaded it, which is easily done if you have no experience, then you will need a new aqua stop. FYI I ised to charge £ 50 for a first time install including parts and £20 for a swap. Just saying.

ive had them to deep and hit the valve handle before there tight couple of extra washers workede

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Neff Dishwasher Aquastop Connection Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock