Discuss Neff Dishwasher Aquastop Connection Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

snowpony

Hi Lovely Plumbing Community,

Please help me. I have bought a NEFF dishwasher (S51E50X1GB) and am installing it myself. My previous dishwasher was also a NEFF and a similar model, so I thought it would be a simple swap. When I removed the old dishwasher I noticed that there was a brass ending to the aquastop that had been connected very tightly to the water connection. I used a wrench to undo it from the water end, but couldn't find a way to remove it from the aquastop itself - so assumed it was part of the unit.

When the new dishwasher came its aquastop was entirely plastic. Knowing no better I screwed it straight on to the water connection, but when I turned the water tap on the connection between water tap and aquastop is in no way water-tight: water gushes out!

I assume that I need some kind of adaptor or connector to create a seal between the two. I'm assuming a brass bit with a rubber washer, but have no idea what this is called or where to get it from. I called NEFF direct, but they couldn't advise.

This is my first attempt at installing a dishwasher and I really want to be able to complete the job. Advice happily welcomed.

Hi snowpony welcome to the forums, did you use a washer to seal the aquastop to the water connection?

No, it didn't come with a washer and also there's a very small thread on the aquastop. Would I be using a washer that fits inside? I'm assuming it would be a rubber washer.

You sure the washer isn`t attached to the hose somewhere, normally with a rubber band.

ah! one of those neff things....

putting a house brick on the end of the pipe make things awkward for a start!.

do you have a picture?

Needs a washer either fibre or rubber, normally in the installation kit

Thanks. I'll take a look again at everything that came with it, but fairly sure one wasn't included.

If I need to buy a new one what am I looking for, size-wise?

9DDuFVu5-W2l0erCgOzwSDTKj5c_n0tgdQOvRRNLu9PFMol_8x284t60NVpqou3KRqwKdm9UzIVkcYCW3apPy6LuGG_yToCAQ6uFAOKiK9aPHZglkR6ccSVCOpW1fNjj358K6yqWl4ARnOAQVcz4Oy-53m8oReAr509us14_gH5yjVQFP-fhKl_Yb5qqR2E1rNJ6vSG9zwVBoH8YKMNWld1VuWpnvYee6kH674WoncjZj150gW69rkStY3rbwfzLX2-HHHdYkfMOEwuPONR5sj7ZgxsiuO14wjmA2_o6qOJNYzrel95ZQBNfeZzqTaMArK06ATO5zoV0V2MTAyCr6uQKbmbJLacRJFsUOpllyaE8r822G33qeLQ0SqMJVPpvSWwA99y7JmISP1zHONxskQe8L8ZlTazu01vvwca6piGLL1R4WoMSj_FJ4ZmSegPzXCfcOuZW10A7N4A2QRbLSQxleKzSJO8PSMdzOcDOrpCCzlnwQpZengnXYRrAnVaJgQ5Rw97PHxeYHZEqZlSRrjo2REs583L4pI535hgvPbrR4hqzRE6arkIIlF41xbTh_bSN=w982-h1308-no

urvpmJxJLw9fNZS532Lyyql_YWGwCwfxactsaNiAU1l7w6CtQeKPDGTJeoapl0qBF3SRUmANEHn2XyD_Su6-ndYCxh5UZUw_i4IY2DqNp1TkdgQIsjL4s_4DaJ1f4oSFEBqqTd93rx1zk6lu5t2c56yJf8jUwG4XwOx8E1rrg2j69N3zvVjeJA7dulIHzdK-acF6mdk5ryh2XMHiRdg_qJzDUB41GAhialWwN3nCIDm3nnTRByE71C1HDxdzltSfAgNh7YqDTAboPAZn34AtaiPCcMzIh39I89VAEo2hk_-pNzwpjJGBNgsxk-7_sZoUOlPOTRiw2N0dTudhjHcS6w3teR2ZdwW1xpayu13fMb3dG6qIf9J9J5vraGvClUO-f7_b4zgw1oPHW2NnxFoprTyI8Bza93RIq6enR6lOre_htjS8LYI5SphjZOrz0XBWLOloAB4w6c-vyBePso6sOVTkd0Mcfj09Z57tWI9Qc9oUTu9K3gCqvkJOfXq-9tVkf10syFUmI7mns9vH8jzDnAamfradRKKxRi230lZLYcLeuGhFK-YKkpMs7Vy90xbwENFH=w982-h1308-no

You can see how small the aquastop thread is in this picture. The black area inside is part of the filter and doesn't help provide a seal.

Do you really think just a washer is needed here? That would be really great if it's that simple.

Looks as if the seal is in the aqua stop ok. The old ones had a brass nut, the new ones are plastic. Make sure you haven't cross threaded the nut and try a few wraps of ptfe tape. Does it actually start to screw on or is the service tap too large?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Neff Dishwasher Aquastop Connection Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Easy if you're a plumber I guess, but if you have no plumbing knowledge? Its a Bosch, nearly ten years old I think, its door won't shut, so it...
Replies
Views
N
Hi all, First off, sorry if this is appearing in the wrong place, but I figure I might get some unbiased opinions on here and perhaps some first...
Replies
Views
Straight
S
Morning. I have a leak. It’s coming from the connector pipe….the picture shows the pipe. It is a cold water pipe going in to the back of my...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock