Search the forum,

Discuss My life just changed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats keefy. Its best life experience ever and enjoy and cherish every minute because you will look back on their early years with the biggest of smiles and tears. Mine are 19 & 15 now and i do miss the early years they are the best years.

About to get my head down for a few hours before we have to be at the hospital for 8:30am. We won't be leaving until the baby is born so I'm hoping it'll be here by the end of today. Still don't know if it's a boy or a girl but we agreed long ago on names which we've kept secret from the family.

Mother-in-law will be with us throughout which for some might seem a nightmare but we get on great.

Forgive me if next time I post it sounds like drunken babble - and cheers for all the great advice and kind words, it's all been taken in. ;)

Good luck Keefy!

Praying for a speedy problem free delivery! Enjoy the moment, it really is special!

Much love & best wishes to you all!

Ah mate excellent.

Best of luck. Hopefully it's quick and uncomplicated.

You'll be crying like a big girls blouse in no time!!

I'm looking forward to the blubbering wreck of a post!

Good luck to Mrs Keefy and you. Try not to faint xx

Best wishes to you both hope all runs smoothly.....best regards Turnpin:17:

dont do what my mate did, when she asked is the baby all right?
dont say "yes the babies fine but yer fannies fecked"

Baby isn't here yet.

Just got home after being there all day. The missus is having regular pains and her waters have begun flowing but not full on enough to be moved to the labour ward. Bit pee'd off at the way fathers are treated to be honest, they never seem to look you in the eye or even involve you when explaining the whole process of the lead up to giving birth.

It's her first child and she's been in a lot of pain since early afternoon, I'm the one who's given her a bath twice today to help her relax plus I'm the one who's been reattaching the monitor things onto her stomach and resetting that monitor itself which she's been hooked up to on and off all day - we've hardly seen the staff. The restaurant in the hospital closed early as did Costa Coffee and WHSmith wasn't open at all but when they came round with the tea trolley the fathers didn't even get offered one. This is just a for bed ward and two of those were vacated by the afternoon. Surely they could spare a cup of tea?

I did manage to get a breakfast down me this morning and ate sandwiches I'd prepared at home but just being there in support of your missus can be a very tiring ordeal in itself.

When it got to around 11:20pm they told me they don't allow partners to stay overnight which is contrary to what we'd been led to believe. A relative of ours is the Patient Experience Manager at the hospital and will hear about our experience in the morning.

The thing I'm trying to say is that a child has two parents and both should be treated with respect and be kept well informed as a couple from beginning to end. I'm sure it's a management issue and not down to individual nurses and midwives who work there but to be almost totally blanked by staff as if you're somehow a burden to them is not on.

Rant over but I'll let you fine gentlemen know as soon as possible when the little one has finally arrived. Cheers again and I hope you all enjoyed a Boxing Day bevvy today. ;)

So sorry to hear of your experience mate, sounds like appalling care. Most wards will have a tea making station, ask and if not choose the ugliest nurse and chat her up, make her feel special.
Rooting for you here mate.
Simon

Keep calm Keefy. You're tired, emotional, stressed and frustrated. I was the same when Freddie was about to be born. Marching up and down like a bear with a sore head because I didn't think the midwives were doing enough and to be honest most of the time I couldn't find a midwife!
But when they were called upon, when the moment came, they were there and they did an amazing job. They work ridiculous hours for a pittance.
And when it's all done everything that happens in the lead up to it is forgotten in an instance. It's worth it Keefy, bite your tounge and stay calm!

good luck mate and remember.... Ay ay calm down calm down!

I agree with Simon and Adam mate.

But at the the same time it's better you come and vent at us than the nurses. They probably want to act in your best interests too but red tape imposed by a faceless beancounter won't let them.

Get back to Mrs Keefy and enjoy your new baby.

And them come and tell us so we can all go soppy!

So sorry to hear of your experience mate, sounds like appalling care. Most wards will have a tea making station, ask and if not choose the ugliest nurse and chat her up, make her feel special.
Rooting for you here mate.
Simon

How was your first sleepless night Si?

Baby isn't here yet.

Just got home after being there all day. The missus is having regular pains and her waters have begun flowing but not full on enough to be moved to the labour ward. Bit pee'd off at the way fathers are treated to be honest, they never seem to look you in the eye or even involve you when explaining the whole process of the lead up to giving birth.

It's her first child and she's been in a lot of pain since early afternoon, I'm the one who's given her a bath twice today to help her relax plus I'm the one who's been reattaching the monitor things onto her stomach and resetting that monitor itself which she's been hooked up to on and off all day - we've hardly seen the staff. The restaurant in the hospital closed early as did Costa Coffee and WHSmith wasn't open at all but when they came round with the tea trolley the fathers didn't even get offered one. This is just a for bed ward and two of those were vacated by the afternoon. Surely they could spare a cup of tea?

I did manage to get a breakfast down me this morning and ate sandwiches I'd prepared at home but just being there in support of your missus can be a very tiring ordeal in itself.

When it got to around 11:20pm they told me they don't allow partners to stay overnight which is contrary to what we'd been led to believe. A relative of ours is the Patient Experience Manager at the hospital and will hear about our experience in the morning.

The thing I'm trying to say is that a child has two parents and both should be treated with respect and be kept well informed as a couple from beginning to end. I'm sure it's a management issue and not down to individual nurses and midwives who work there but to be almost totally blanked by staff as if you're somehow a burden to them is not on.

Rant over but I'll let you fine gentlemen know as soon as possible when the little one has finally arrived. Cheers again and I hope you all enjoyed a Boxing Day bevvy today. ;)

You in the women's mate?

They are over worked under paid and stretched to their limits. You are stressed to death and wanting everything to go smoothly for your wife. Unfortunately the person you want to be grabbing by the hairy bits is probably off for a fortnight.

Not easy but try and stay relaxed. I had it easy, the wife had 3 c sections. After the first we even got to pick the date.

Hope things go smoother for you today.

Funny but by your third youll know what to do Keefy, hope it all goes well for both of you

You in the women's mate?

No, heard too many nightmare stories from that place, one being my sister who now has irreparable damage to her muscles underneath if you know what I mean - due to negligence. We're in Whiston Hospital mate and nope, still no sign of the little one but it'll happen very soon I'm sure. ;)

These latest replies and comments and have cheered me up a little though, my miserable gob even cracked a few smiles while reading them. ;)

Thanks all!

Will be here at 6 .20 am today by my guess , a girl at 6 lb 5.

If you're prediction is accurate I promise to send you a "Thank You" gift!

Tell you what, let's turn this into a little game [of sorts] - Anyone who can guess the time of birth, sex, weight and name of the baby (or nearest) will receive an inexpensive 'Thank You' gift from myself, the missus and the baby. Chalked's entry has beeen noted - just add a name! ;)

GO!

Clue: If it's a boy we're not calling him Hugh Janus!

If you're prediction is accurate I promise to send you a "Thank You" gift!

Tell you what, let's turn this into a little game [of sorts] - Anyone who can guess the time of birth, sex, weight and name of the baby (or nearest) will receive an inexpensive 'Thank You' gift from myself, the missus and the baby. Chalked's entry has beeen noted - just add a name! ;)

GO!

Clue: If it's a boy we're not calling him Hugh Janus!

My dad tried calling me wayne.........

in expensive gift is going to be a nappy right?

cant we name the baby, ?

i bet its going to be 3 am tomorrow! Oh, and you have to give he or she the middle name pigeon...

13:23 pm.
6lb 11oz
If its a boy you must name him after one of my dogs.
If its a girl name her after croppie....

7.30pm, 7lb4oz and a boy. I also bet you cry.... When you see the cost of the hospital car park!

16:30pm

7lb 8oz

Hope it all goes well mate!

Take time for yourselves, don't be so quick to rush family members in to see baby! There's plenty of time for that over the next coming few weeks & months! Besides your missus will be glad of the company of (few) visitors when you're back at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My life just changed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the depth of my cupboard is larger than this. The issue, however, is that the waste pipe which leads from the sink (next door cupboard) comes out quite a...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock