Discuss My life just changed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck Keefy!

Praying for a speedy problem free delivery! Enjoy the moment, it really is special!

Much love & best wishes to you all!

Ah mate excellent.

Best of luck. Hopefully it's quick and uncomplicated.

You'll be crying like a big girls blouse in no time!!

I'm looking forward to the blubbering wreck of a post!

Good luck to Mrs Keefy and you. Try not to faint xx

Best wishes to you both hope all runs smoothly.....best regards Turnpin:17:

dont do what my mate did, when she asked is the baby all right?
dont say "yes the babies fine but yer fannies fecked"

Baby isn't here yet.

Just got home after being there all day. The missus is having regular pains and her waters have begun flowing but not full on enough to be moved to the labour ward. Bit pee'd off at the way fathers are treated to be honest, they never seem to look you in the eye or even involve you when explaining the whole process of the lead up to giving birth.

It's her first child and she's been in a lot of pain since early afternoon, I'm the one who's given her a bath twice today to help her relax plus I'm the one who's been reattaching the monitor things onto her stomach and resetting that monitor itself which she's been hooked up to on and off all day - we've hardly seen the staff. The restaurant in the hospital closed early as did Costa Coffee and WHSmith wasn't open at all but when they came round with the tea trolley the fathers didn't even get offered one. This is just a for bed ward and two of those were vacated by the afternoon. Surely they could spare a cup of tea?

I did manage to get a breakfast down me this morning and ate sandwiches I'd prepared at home but just being there in support of your missus can be a very tiring ordeal in itself.

When it got to around 11:20pm they told me they don't allow partners to stay overnight which is contrary to what we'd been led to believe. A relative of ours is the Patient Experience Manager at the hospital and will hear about our experience in the morning.

The thing I'm trying to say is that a child has two parents and both should be treated with respect and be kept well informed as a couple from beginning to end. I'm sure it's a management issue and not down to individual nurses and midwives who work there but to be almost totally blanked by staff as if you're somehow a burden to them is not on.

Rant over but I'll let you fine gentlemen know as soon as possible when the little one has finally arrived. Cheers again and I hope you all enjoyed a Boxing Day bevvy today. ;)

So sorry to hear of your experience mate, sounds like appalling care. Most wards will have a tea making station, ask and if not choose the ugliest nurse and chat her up, make her feel special.
Rooting for you here mate.
Simon

Keep calm Keefy. You're tired, emotional, stressed and frustrated. I was the same when Freddie was about to be born. Marching up and down like a bear with a sore head because I didn't think the midwives were doing enough and to be honest most of the time I couldn't find a midwife!
But when they were called upon, when the moment came, they were there and they did an amazing job. They work ridiculous hours for a pittance.
And when it's all done everything that happens in the lead up to it is forgotten in an instance. It's worth it Keefy, bite your tounge and stay calm!

good luck mate and remember.... Ay ay calm down calm down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My life just changed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock