Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss motorised valve powered closed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

james_r_warner

I am looking for a motorised valve which can be powered closed but will open automatically based on high temperature to a pipe stat or if the power fails. Any ideas

Is this for a solar circuit? Or what usage?

i know there available, but not fitted commonly!

Is this for a solar circuit? Or what usage?

i know there available, but not fitted commonly!

thanks gassafe

The log burner has a water heater. We are pumping the hot water from the water heater to a heat store. However if the power fails when the log burner is running the pump would stop and there is a risk that the water heater would overheat. We have therefore fitted a gravity circuit to a 1KW radiator which we only want to open in the event of a power failure or of over heatig in the flow from the water heater. Hence the need for the motorised valve to be powered closed but open in the event of a power failure or high temperature (>90C) to the pipe stat on the flow pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to motorised valve powered closed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock