Discuss motorised valve powered closed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

james_r_warner

I am looking for a motorised valve which can be powered closed but will open automatically based on high temperature to a pipe stat or if the power fails. Any ideas

Is this for a solar circuit? Or what usage?

i know there available, but not fitted commonly!

Is this for a solar circuit? Or what usage?

i know there available, but not fitted commonly!

thanks gassafe

The log burner has a water heater. We are pumping the hot water from the water heater to a heat store. However if the power fails when the log burner is running the pump would stop and there is a risk that the water heater would overheat. We have therefore fitted a gravity circuit to a 1KW radiator which we only want to open in the event of a power failure or of over heatig in the flow from the water heater. Hence the need for the motorised valve to be powered closed but open in the event of a power failure or high temperature (>90C) to the pipe stat on the flow pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to motorised valve powered closed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, Please advise as i wish to change a motorised valve connected to a heat only gas boiler: Turn off the boiler Turn off the...
Replies
Views
I have tried hard to get similar to the first class satchwqell /Sunvic SML type revolving type valves instead of the quite short lived spring...
Replies
Views
N
Range Tribune HE, not heating hot water. Motorised valve keeps closing and water luke warm. Is the dual temperature probe broken
Replies
Views
Neil Pengilly
N
Back