Discuss Motorised valve - How can I control it manually? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How to control motorised valve?

The boiler is working perfectly but I want to turn off the rads until I get the valve replaced.

Unfortunately there isn't an actuator! Some one must have thrown it away. I want to turn off the rads in the meantime.

The boiler is working perfectly but I want to turn off the rads until I get the valve replaced.

In that case turn the boiler on, wait for pipe to get warm and see which way it goes, spin until you get it going to hot water only or do what diamondgas has said. But if it's the valve thats goosed rather than the head it may not work. i.e. might not be able to shut off rads. Have you an immersion?, if you have turn boiler off and use immersion until fixed.

It's listed under Baxi spares 3 PORT VALVE BODY MPE322 but unfortunately no longer available.

Not an exact science but the flat part of the 'D' will either point towards the pipe you want closed or will be 45deg to it! I'm raking brains here so may be way out coz uzually you have both parts......... AND it's been some time since I've seen this kind of valve... :skep:

Thanks for the suggestion. At least I have something to work with - out of 8 possibilities. I didn't think it would be a smaller angle than 45 degrees!

I'd turn the boiler on and then experiment with feeling the pipework to see which pipe gets hot when you move the position of the valve. The pipe going to the cylinder will be your hot water and the other will be your heating.

Using the valve manually will mean you will have no control over how hot your water gets. This could lead to pumping over issues or worse. You really need to get a new actuator and get it wired in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Motorised valve - How can I control it manually? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a 4 zone / 7 loop UFH system. 2 zones (4 loops) always get hot when the system is on when the zone thermostats and actuators are...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Looking for a quick bit of advice since I'm trying to wrap my head around what work I need done. Right now I have an old conventional boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock