Discuss Micro combined heat and power in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Renewable M

Hi.

Anyone doing anything with combined heat and power (the stirling engine thingumabobs)??

I've been having a really good look at this and it could be a winner for places like schools and factories where the heating is banging away for long periods....and they are also using lots of electrical juice.

then theres domestic... but I am yet to see one of these units.

cheers.

Hi

You can see and read about a CHP [DLMURL="http://www.rockenergy.co.uk/sites/energy/aenergy_ecopower_e_island.php"]here[/DLMURL]

This is working under Off-grid conditions which are harder than connected to the mains - for more than three years now.

We had a Stirling engine installed for three months, worked fine, but not very reliable. The technology needs to be developped a bit further. Internal combustion engines have their merrits, among others, when it comes to cost and maintenance.

We will be soon installing one of our units in a Nursery. You can also watch a viodeo on our blog.

Best regards

Christian
[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
I work on these alot, a floor standing unit. I know Baxi and a few other companies are making wall hung ones?? 1/ I can't see how you can hang something on the wall thats that heavy!! unless they are alot lighter than the one i work on, i had to change a core engine on one of these and had to carry it up a flight of stairs, there was two of us but it must of taken us 20 minutes!!! 2/ these things vibrate quite alot so if you have it hanging on a wall in the kitchen it will surely vibrate through the whole house.

I work on these alot, a floor standing unit. I know Baxi and a few other companies are making wall hung ones?? 1/ I can't see how you can hang something on the wall thats that heavy!! unless they are alot lighter than the one i work on, i had to change a core engine on one of these and had to carry it up a flight of stairs, there was two of us but it must of taken us 20 minutes!!! 2/ these things vibrate quite alot so if you have it hanging on a wall in the kitchen it will surely vibrate through the whole house.

Hi
There is a misunderstanding; this is not for being hung on a wall. The output covers the consumption of a Nursery, a big house, offices, hotel or similar. There should be a plant room available to install a proper system. The noise and vibrations are neglectable; the units are highly efficient because they produce electric energy which is about 4 times more valuable than the thermal heat you retrieve form just burning the gas to receive thermal energy. The efficeincy percentage does not really reflect this as its efficiency is about the same as a gas boiler, nevertheless you receive electricity plus heat.

What you mention are smaller micro units that include a generator of appr. 1kw and are wall hung.- Those will be all over the place pretty soon.

Sorry, but if the "whole house" vibrates from those small units it must have to do wiith poor construction... :)

Christian

very interesting rock.

give me a ring will you, might have a good outlet for a few of these babies!

our website is here, but have fingers in pies you might say.

What you mention are smaller micro units that include a generator of appr. 1kw and are wall hung.- Those will be all over the place pretty soon.

Sorry, but if the "whole house" vibrates from those small units it must have to do wiith poor construction... :)

Christian[/QUOTE]
Isnt that what renewable m is asking about though? the micro combined heat and power?? And believe me they might be a small unit but they do vibrate when the engine kicks in!! this isnt a problem when its installed in a garage or in a purpose made housing outside but i wouldnt like it in my house.

having has a look at rock's website, theres some interesting stuff going on there....

it's time to talk numbers, look forward to a call if you get a minute tomorrow.

Had a look at the baxi wall hung CHP at Ecobuild today definatly an interesting unit, both worcester and veissman were talking about their chp units worcester even had a prototype display model. It looks to me like everyone is holding out to see how the baxi does or to put it more bluntly if it falls on its arris before commiting to it...

Yes I had a chat with with Baxi last year apparently its going to be to complicated for us mere mortals, so only BG specially trained engineers will be allowed to install it.

This means at BG's current record it will cost about ten grand to buy and install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Micro combined heat and power in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock