Currently reading:
Measure twice, cut once.

Discuss Measure twice, cut once. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Jackson

I've always worked by this old adage but yesterday it let me down. Finishing off a kitchen fit, all I had left to do was fit the handles. Fitted the drawer handles and then marked up the first door for it's handle. Checked my measurements and drilled. grasped the bottom of the door to pull it open and it didn't open. I'd only drilled the handle hole on the hinge side :furious3:. I was tempted to fill it but there's 3 1/2 grands worth of units so I shot off to Howdens and got another door. Fortunately the door was only £25 plus VAT after my discount so not too big a cost. I was glad I'd gone with Howdens for the kitchen though as not many other places keep as many fascias in stock.

I now measure twice, check which side the door opens and then drill my hole.

An old adage which has always held me and my employers in good stead is, 90% of the job takes 10% of the time, and the other 10% is the 90% of the time.

I've done this aswell, on a Homebase kitchen!

Went into store with knackard door to get a replacement.

£70 odd!!, the extra kick in the balls was the 4 week wait for a delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Measure twice, cut once. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock