Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Measure twice, cut once. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Jackson

I've always worked by this old adage but yesterday it let me down. Finishing off a kitchen fit, all I had left to do was fit the handles. Fitted the drawer handles and then marked up the first door for it's handle. Checked my measurements and drilled. grasped the bottom of the door to pull it open and it didn't open. I'd only drilled the handle hole on the hinge side :furious3:. I was tempted to fill it but there's 3 1/2 grands worth of units so I shot off to Howdens and got another door. Fortunately the door was only £25 plus VAT after my discount so not too big a cost. I was glad I'd gone with Howdens for the kitchen though as not many other places keep as many fascias in stock.

I now measure twice, check which side the door opens and then drill my hole.

Been there done that Mike. Always tends to be right at the end of a job as well.

Agree with you on Howdens.

im a big fan of howdens. know some of the lads quite well so they always help out where they can ! mainly on prices.

An old adage which has always held me and my employers in good stead is, 90% of the job takes 10% of the time, and the other 10% is the 90% of the time.

And there's the 50/50/90 rule.

When you've a 50/50 chance of getting something right, you'll get it wrong 90% of the time!

I've done this aswell, on a Homebase kitchen!

Went into store with knackard door to get a replacement.

£70 odd!!, the extra kick in the balls was the 4 week wait for a delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Measure twice, cut once. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock