Discuss map pro & propane in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
recently bought a Go system auto torch with map gas and was reading on here the other day, that beginners would not be able to solder properly with map/pro gas and would be better of with propane.. just wondering if someone could shed some light on the subject for me please.. thanks men

Map is very hot.
Propane is colder. Gives you more time to solder the fitting and a bigger window to get it right

Map produces higher temperatures and beginners may apply too much heat to their fittings. Personally I prefer propane and keep Map for brazing.

I use mapp, prefer it over propane, but everybody is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to map pro & propane in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a...
Replies
Views
Morning all, I am just about to begin doing more installs of combi boilers, I am gas safe but just never really done a lot of installs due to...
Replies
Views
I
Dear All, Please kindly advise, i don't know what else to do! Had new boiler Vaillant 424 heat only open vent boiler installed with new flue and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock