Discuss map pro & propane in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
recently bought a Go system auto torch with map gas and was reading on here the other day, that beginners would not be able to solder properly with map/pro gas and would be better of with propane.. just wondering if someone could shed some light on the subject for me please.. thanks men

Map is very hot.
Propane is colder. Gives you more time to solder the fitting and a bigger window to get it right

Map produces higher temperatures and beginners may apply too much heat to their fittings. Personally I prefer propane and keep Map for brazing.

I use mapp, prefer it over propane, but everybody is different.

recently bought a Go system auto torch with map gas and was reading on here the other day, that beginners would not be able to solder properly with map/pro gas and would be better of with propane.. just wondering if someone could shed some light on the subject for me please.. thanks men

Hi pipeline you will find it easier with propane at first as it is not as hot as Mapp therefore allowing you more control until you build up your soldering skills.regards turnpin:hurray:

thanks men,, the old torch ive got is a Go system,, but one u start up with a lighter, tha has a propane bottle, i do feel more confident using over the new torch,, the only reason i bought the maps is because it said to use that one on the box,, and then found out that the propane bottle also fits..

thanks men,, the old torch ive got is a Go system,, but one u start up with a lighter, tha has a propane bottle, i do feel more confident using over the new torch,, the only reason i bought the maps is because it said to use that one on the box,, and then found out that the propane bottle also fits..
Just for future reference, you can also purchase adaptors that allow you to use bottles from other manufacturers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to map pro & propane in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back