Search the forum,

Discuss Commissioning Vokera Easi Heat in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a lot of installs or a tremendous amount of gas work but obviously when I do undertake these things then I try my best to keep within the appropriate parameters that the manufacturer has stated.

When I put my analyser on at the flue and checked the readings, the instructions stated that the Co level at maximum and minimum should be 9.0%. I tweaked the maximum and minimum settings for Co levels at the gas valve of the boiler as per the instructions and i got it running spot on but I'm just wondering if this is something that you find you have to do an awful lot of when installing a new boiler. I can understand it being a possibility seeing as these things may move and be disrupted during transit but in all honesty I cant imagine a lot of people out there spending the time to do this, I'm not defending them but i really think there are a lot of installers out there not commissioning these correctly.

Another point, which to be fair is more of a rant, is that these Vokera Easi Heats now come with the bloody live feed connected to a "plug" on the motherboard making it impossible to renew the cable if you need it to be longer, absolute nightmare scenario if you have a bit of distance to your spur...which was the exact situation I found myself in :) I don't know why they need to make these things more complicated that they need to be...

Anyway, any advice form other people experience would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Never tweak a brand new boiler as it’s burning off oils / manufacturer processes

You will find the first start up spec will be ratio of 0.0040 and under 250ppm etc

Thanks for your response mate. Im not disputing what you're saying but if this is the case then why does it not state it in the M.I's? It doesnt say anything about compensating the ratios for this, it just states that if you arent getting the correct readings then you should adjust the gas valve to suit. Also if your readings arent going to be correct, how long do you give it until it settles so that you can actually commission the boiler and difrientiate between burning oils and a poor gas and air mix?
Never tweak a brand new boiler as it’s burning off oils / manufacturer processes

You will find the first start up spec will be ratio of 0.0040 and under 250ppm

Reply to Commissioning Vokera Easi Heat in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock