Discuss Mansfeild flush valve seal wont seal in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

SO, I have done about 30 of these and they all have the same problem... the old seal had become so conformed and imbedded in the base that the seal was so great that you would break the handle trying to flush. So its time to replace, the new seal is straight and flat and not conformed at all and will not seal unless you lift the handle after every flush for about a month then it seals great. Is there anything I can do to make it seal right away with out lifting the handle.

You could try putting them into a bucket of hot water first and then install them and push them in while there still hot

Reply to Mansfeild flush valve seal wont seal in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, Recently I received an unusually large water bill which led me to the discovery of leaking flush valves. I have two toilets and it turned...
Replies
Views
I recently moved into a new flat and both toilets were dripping when not in use. I found that the issue was the flush valve seal and replaced it...
Replies
Views
i have 3 sottini toilets with a compact cistern. It has an ideal standard dual flush mechanism. 2" entry The ideal standard is poor quality in...
Replies
Views
Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock