Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Makita batterys in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Koogatubac

Just had to buy new 18v 3.0 lit battery from amazon since my other 1 packed in.

What should i do with the broken one? Should i complain to amazon and say its faulty thats came or will they know by the serial numbers? Lol

Contact Makita. If it has been charged less than a certain amount of times they will repair or replace it for free. Apparently they can test it and see how many charges it has had if you send it off to them. A mate of mine done this a got a new battery.

Slightly off topic do we know if the 4.0A Hr batteries are any better in terms of failure rates?

Just had to buy new 18v 3.0 lit battery from amazon since my other 1 packed in.

What should i do with the broken one? Should i complain to amazon and say its faulty thats came or will they know by the serial numbers? Lol

if not,hire one out from a hire shop,change it for your duff one and go in and start shouting

Thanks for replys. Mike - i thought this would happen, damn! Lol, mgfs - ive had the battery for roughly 4 yrs lol think ive got the most of it. Sheff paul - i thought of doing something like this.
My boss has all makita gear, im thinking of swapping a battery for my duff 1. Haha however we rarely work together damn!

My boss has all makita gear, im thinking of swapping a battery for my duff 1.

That's why it's a good idea never to work with someone who has the same make of power tool as you. When I was on Iguana we all had makita rechargeable drills and if you worked with one guy you always had to check your batteries for charge. If his battery ran out he would just swap it for the fully charged one in your box so on the next job when yours ran out and you went to get the spare it was flat.

lithium cells lose capacity/ degenerate over time with or without use. So the number of charges is not the only reason why they lose capacity.

i have several milwaukee 28v batterys that charge fine but hold little charge. a few have not been used much but have still lost capacity due to age.

I did 2 weeks of working with him and once we got put on seperate jobs thats when my battery wouldnt charge and found out it was goosed! Looks like your right mike. Think hes swapped his duff 1 for mine lol

One of the reasons it's important to record the serial numbers of your tools and mark them.

This is one of the reasons I've gone DeWalt instead of Makita. All the guys I work with have Makita powertools and are constantly sorting out the batteries. It's not too bad for them though as even though we all share the tools, they are actually owned by my boss and his dad, just shared between the different companies he runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Makita batterys in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock