Search the forum,

Discuss Main combi 24 he hot water issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi

Went to look at a main combi 24 he boiler. The issue was hot water would only work with the heating on.

We had a look and from cold, ran the hot tap at the sink and it was going down the flow pipe. We changed the diverter and now the boiler would come on with a hw demand as normal but the water would be hot/cold. Cleaned the plate and everything was fine.

No issues for about 10 days, got a call to go back as hw not working again. Pin not coming out when demand put on. Checked filter all clear.

Manually operated micro switch and ran hot tap and its going down the flow again.

Ch works fine.

Any advice what next. Don't want to throw parts at it.

Thanks

Might have to tweak the microswitch if you have fitted a refurbishment kit as some of the pins seem to be of slightly different lengths thus when demand is put in it does not fully make the switch,
Cheers,
Andy

Might have to tweak the microswitch if you have fitted a refurbishment kit as some of the pins seem to be of slightly different lengths thus when demand is put in it does not fully make the switch,
Cheers,
Andy

I think he changed the complete DV?

Hydraulic venturi broken to bits?

It's the big diaphragm at the front, small at the back.

Haven't looked at the hydraulic venturi.

When you remove the dhw diagram. You’ll see the diverter valve (similar thing at a ideal logic) drain the boiler down. Undo the big nut at the front of the diverter remove the inners and clean them make sure there pristine. check the quality of the water too if it’s full of crap advice for a system flush and magnaclean to be installed.

I’d check the dhw diaphragm too. And grease it all up.

When you remove the dhw diagram. You’ll see the diverter valve (similar thing at a ideal logic) drain the boiler down. Undo the big nut at the front of the diverter remove the inners and clean them make sure there pristine. check the quality of the water too if it’s full of crap advice for a system flush and magnaclean to be installed.

I’d check the dhw diaphragm too. And grease it all up.

Thanks the diverter is brand new though. If the venturi is playing up would that make the hot water go down the flow?

Thanks the diverter is brand new though. If the venturi is playing up would that make the hot water go down the flow?

The Venturi is a part fan proving safety device.

Sounds like you’ve got a blocked plate to plate or crap in the diverter I understand it’s been replaced (if there is crap in the system it’s going to block the inners).

If the pin isn’t coming out enough to make the micro switch I’d check the dhw diaphragm.

What’s the pump proving switch doing?

Yeah only thing I can think is more muck has been caught somewhere. Ch works fine.

Inlet filter OK.

Cleaned the plate also.

Was wondering if pcb but I've had to concede defeat. I can't throw any more time/parts at it. Had to be honest with the customer that from a business point of view she is better off getting manufacturer out. Otherwise where do I stop. Not fair on customer to keep returning and I can't spend all day swapping parts.

The fact it worked spot on for a while then started doing the same thing didn't help.

Customer happy with that, I've been honest and not trying to rip them off.

There is a venturi for the DHW diaphragm in the right hand brass block. Its the nut below the 2 small copper pipes. The nut is 24mm i think and needs ring spanner to remove. If the venturi fails the microswitch will not make and the diverter will stay in ch mode. This explains all your issues. (as long as the DV is new)

Reply to Main combi 24 he hot water issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Evening All, Been having on and off issues with a Greenstar CDI classic Combi were the hot water is not heating up but only intermittently. Some days/ weeks it’s fine and works fine all of the time but on the odd occasion it’s been running cold in the following sequence. It fires up the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi am wondering if I can get some advice on this issue. Shower was working fine until Saturday when the dial only works when turned to cold water side and hot water side doesn't work. Other shower works fine and all taps have hot water coming out. Just wondering if get some on advice on what...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock