Discuss LPG or Oil- just moved in in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
£1000 was laying the concrete base for the tank.

Worcester Danesmoor 25/32

Tank is a 1300l

Still sounds to me a lot of money.
The concrete base can be a big labour job, to be fair.
Everyone deserves properly paid and you have to factor in other materials like mag filter, firevalve, zone valves, plus flushing the system chemicals etc.
I would get other quotes.

Prices I am quoting are for only basic and smaller output Grant boiler, - a system boiler or separate components will be extra cost on top of that.
The Worcester boiler will be a more expensive choice also.
The 1300l tank is not the most costly tank size luckily

Couple of installers I work with have both gone over to fitting air source heat pumps, reckon running costs of the new inverter ones are a third of the cost of other fuels and run their own houses on it. With uncertainty over future of gas and oil supplies they tell me it is the way to go.

Indeed

What you you expect a Grant Vortex external 26-35w to cost?

I think we are leaning towards LPG given the very high cost of moving to oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to LPG or Oil- just moved in in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
Hi all,new to the forum and hoping to get some guidance through the boiler minefield . We moved into a 70s bungalow last Feb,its got a Greensted...
Replies
Views
Been in property about 10 years and the valve on the (round/bunded) Balmoral tank has always been in pretty rusty state. Tank is 5,000 litres but...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock