Discuss Low/ No Gas pressure...please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes is the short answer to your question but here's the long hand answer:

U6 meter - 6m[SUP]3[/SUP]/hr of gas

Here's the maths wheeto:

Heat input = (Gas Rate x Calorific Value of gas)/3.6

or

(6 x 38.6)/3.6 = 64.33 kW/hr

A U6/E6 meter will therefore supply appliances up to the value of 64kW max guaranteed! Any more than that required for the property and you'll require a larger gas meter!

Thanks for the maths, but you still got the unit wrong ... it's 64kW, not kW/h.

Thanks for the maths, but you still got the unit wrong ... it's 64kW, not kW/h.

That's kind of sad that you'd question someone's GSR credentials on something so trivial! Hohummmmmm :D You're most likely right too wheeto but it detracts from the point I was getting accross to the op! Give yourself a pat on the back though for knowing your kW from your kW/hrs :clap:

That's kind of sad that you'd question someone's GSR credentials on something so trivial! Hohummmmmm :D You're most likely right too wheeto but it detracts from the point I was getting accross to the op! Give yourself a pat on the back though for knowing your kW from your kW/hrs :clap:

Sorry. I'm sure you know I wasn't genuinely questioning your credentials - hence the emoticon in the first post - but everyone has pet peeves and one of mine is meaningless* units :)

Anyway you're right ... it's not helping the OP!

*OK, technically I suppose kW/hr is a unit of rate of change of power, struggling to find an application though.

it sounds simple fault to me,if there getting 21 at the boiler but its dropping to zero when theres a a demand the governors shot

it sounds simple fault to me,if there getting 21 at the boiler but its dropping to zero when theres a a demand the governors shot

I'd say this too except the problem only occurs on the new boiler and not the existing one.

I'd say this too except the problem only occurs on the new boiler and not the existing one.
existing one could be standard efficiency new one band a zero governor,old one will work with a dodgy governor new one wont

Yes is the short answer to your question but here's the long hand answer:
U6 meter - 6m[SUP]3[/SUP]/hr of gas
Here's the maths wheeto:
Heat input = (Gas Rate x Calorific Value of gas)/3.6
or
(6 x 38.6)/3.6 = 64.33 kW/hr
A U6/E6 meter will therefore supply appliances up to the value of 64kW max guaranteed! Any more than that required for the property and you'll require a larger gas meter!

does that take into account the diversity factor for meter sizing?

i found it hard that some even posted suggesting what to test and look for without the OP showing any knowledge or competence. I know its hard to judge and we all give information out in good faith. You get shot down if you question people who in escence are strangers.
For all we know its somebody whos done the work themselves and is up tit creek now it does not work and nobody they have phoned will touch it. who knows?? you cant always believe what somebody has posted on the internet, if you read my online dating profile im 6ft5 and hung like a horse...... sadly only one of them is true ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low/ No Gas pressure...please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock