Discuss Low limit and high limit stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GASMAN10

Hi

I would be grateful if someone could explain when a low limit and high limit stat works. Are they only on CH and do the replace the thermistor and overheat stat?

Many thanks

Im sure British gas say they employ the BEST !!!;):D
High limit stat operates when boiler is set to high
Low limit stat operates when boiler is set to low
Myson Apollo set up !
Does not replace overheat stat

As regards the domestic markets,high and low thermostats precede thermistors ,they were like a summer and winter setting, boiler control therefore controlled heating and hot water,high for winter period and low for hot water only
Can not remember settings on apollo,think high limit around 76/78 deg and low around 68 deg,maybe slightly higher,idea made it easy for customer to operate to make more efficient rather than a dial control
The high limit and low limit thermostats were just on /off states when temp reached,with no variable gas rates

Thermistors came a long afterwards,and allowed variable gas rates through one sensor at the burner,originally there was one fitted on a system boiler and two on combi's on heating and hot water,now we have two,one on return and one on flow pipe work to allow really efficient ,fully modulating control of boiler ,allowing range rated boilers and within reason over sizing not such a problem

In between the two ,we went through high and low flame boilers,these have two thermostats ,again, could look at like high and low stats,lower rated stat would reduce boiler from high flame to low flame and the higher rated cuts out the low flame

What ever it has always been accepted two are better than one

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low limit and high limit stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock