Discuss Loose Pipe in tricky area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lky2k23

I have 5 pipes, previously boxed in, with the nearest one in from the left (darkest one) being loose and when cold water from taps or toilet flush stopped causes a bang throughout the house.

It's quite a tricky spot to get into. Any tips on securing/dampening the vibrations?

IMAG1621.jpg

Try and get some thin lagging on it and use galvanised strapping to fasten all the pipes to the wall

It's quite a tricky spot to get into. Any tips on securing/dampening the vibrations?

Get some timber or plywood, right thickness to go in tight between your pipe and the wall. Shuv it in place. Fix the wood to the wall using a screw and then use nail-in clip to secure your pipe to the very wood. Or you could use just one screw long enough to go through your nail clip and the timber right into the wall. Use brown wall plugs. You could use packers or packing shims instead of the timber. Hope it helps.

Are you sure its the pipe and not a valve or stop tap half open or half closed somewhere, and the pipes just ecoing the sound

I agree spray with expanding foam it will stop knocking each other before you do it separate the pipes using thin bits of wood temporarily higher up

Id go for the galv strap method, or, get some talon clips, clip them together and then snap them shut in the pipes, will stop the pipes rattling together even if you don't plug and screw the clips back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loose Pipe in tricky area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock