Discuss "Lock Out", Hot Water... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boiler was fitted in 2006. In Jan 11 we had some work done through the warm front scheme, so i was wondering if the work done by there approved fitter, which included a new radiator, some new parts fitted to the boiler and service is under the fitters warrentry..

Can't see it unless it was the photocell then??

The warmfront scheme would've only upgraded your existing system to current standards. What you probably had added to the boiler would be an AAV and PRV, neither of which would affect the operation of the burner.

This wouldn't be covered under the scheme, you wull be charged I'm afraid.

Whereabouts are you, perhaps there's a lad on here can help.

Photocell's shot.

Thanks for that, is there anyway of checking the photocell, it is also suggested in the manual that a possible faulty control box, again anyway of checking this..

regards..

Check resistance with multimeter, could also be transformer (lack of spark) or a shorting ignition lead.

The warmfront scheme would've only upgraded your existing system to current standards. What you probably had added to the boiler would be an AAV and PRV, neither of which would affect the operation of the burner.

This wouldn't be covered under the scheme, you wull be charged I'm afraid.

Whereabouts are you, perhaps there's a lad on here can help.

According to paper work there were a few various parts added including a new pump. And as you say some updates along with the new additional radiator service etc..
I am still awaiting some one to come out to check the work from Eaga/Warmfront.
Is there anyway of checking the photocell, it is also suggested in the manual that a possible faulty control box, again anyway of checking this..
Both componants look quite easy to change, possibly get the parts from our local Plumb Centre.

regards.. From Attleborough, Norfolk.

It's going to be (as suggested above) something to do with the burner in the boiler. Well, 99% chance of it being the burner. You can get hot water by turning on your immersion heater while waiting for your boiler man to call.

(Immersion heater is in the top of your hot water cylinder and is operated by a nearby switch - mentioned this, not to be patronising but because it's surprising how many don't know this!)

Thanks all for the continued help.
Anyone got any ideas of costs for the seperate parts, such as the photocell and the cost of a control box ?.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to "Lock Out", Hot Water... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi My oil boiler keeps locking out after running for 30/40 minutes! I then try to reset it but it won’t fire back up! I have to leave it for...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank...
Replies
Views
I have a Combi boiler and, a few minutes ago I turned on the hot tap in the kitchen and the water was far from hot. In fact, it was decidedly...
Replies
Views
I have an old Potterton suprima boiler with a hot water tank and pump. We have hot water but no heating, the light on the boiler is showing amber...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock